Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#32446 by morpwrr
Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:01 pm
Hi,

New to Ooma and have a question. I am porting my number so am using the existing landline hooked to the Ooma while waiting. When a call comes in, it will go to Ooma's voice mail, but the other feature I like is the multi-ring which does not seem to work even though I have it selected. Will I have to wait until my number is ported and truly an Ooma number before that feature works?

Thanks,
#32479 by Leeway
Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:51 pm
morpwrr wrote:Hi,

New to Ooma and have a question. I am porting my number so am using the existing landline hooked to the Ooma while waiting. When a call comes in, it will go to Ooma's voice mail, but the other feature I like is the multi-ring which does not seem to work even though I have it selected. Will I have to wait until my number is ported and truly an Ooma number before that feature works?

Thanks,

You are porting, so you should have gotten a temporary number from Ooma when you activated. Your landline will operate just as it always did when using your landline number until it is ported.

Using your temporary Ooma number should be giving you the Ooma features. Your callers would need to use that temporary number until the porting is complete.

Have a friend call you on the temporary number to test the multi ring.
#33488 by morpwrr
Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:29 am
Thanks for the info, but I did not get a temporary number from Ooma until my number ports. It's no big deal, I can live without the multi ring until it ports, just wanted to make sure that I was understanding it correctly.
#33549 by Leeway
Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:55 pm
morpwrr wrote:Thanks for the info, but I did not get a temporary number from Ooma until my number ports. It's no big deal, I can live without the multi ring until it ports, just wanted to make sure that I was understanding it correctly.

If you did not select a number when you activated, how are you logging into the forums?

That is the number I call "temporary"...

Donna