Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#32003 by Thuan.Tran
Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:22 pm
I have been fighting with this device since last Thursday night took it home from work. I had called the Ooma technical support 5 or 6 times already with all of ideas, but still no luck.

Here was last night configuration: They told me to select the option 2a and let it on over 24 hours as I did
From Ooma:
1. To Ethernet --> My Comcast cable modem (no router)
2. Home Network --> my laptop (no firewall and no antivirus)
3. Wall to my Vonage (line # 1) as my main landline that I did submit to use my current phone #
4. Phone to my phone handset

Here were the issues in the morning:
1. On my laptop I never get the assigned IP address from Ooma as 172.27.35.x and launch to http://setup.ooma.com or http://172.27.35.1 got the Internet Explorer cannot be displayed this webpage. I turned off my laptop or tried to do the ipconfig /release && ipconfig /renew, but no luck
2. Can't make a first phone call as they said 1-2-3 easy setup steps in 10 minutes
3. The UI device only shows two solid blue light on the line # 1 and 2. Ooma logo and other buttons have no light and no functional. I tried to turn off the Ooma device and turn it back on during holding Stop and Trash buttons to reset back to factory device, but no luck

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my current configuration: I chose the option 2b as current configuration
From Ooma:
1. To Ethernet --> My main router and the router to my Comcast cable modem
2. Home Network --> my laptop (no firewall and no antivirus)
3. Wall to my Vonage (line # 1) as my main landline that I did submit to use my current phone #
4. Phone to my phone handset

Here are the issues:
1. When I turn on my Ooma and go to my router then check in "Attached Devices" I showed the private IP address was assigned to this device. However, it will be gone in couple minutes
2. On my laptop I never get the assigned IP address from Ooma as 172.27.35.x and launch to http://setup.ooma.com or http://172.27.35.1 got the Internet Explorer cannot be displayed this webpage. I turned off my laptop or tried to do the ipconfig /release && ipconfig /renew, but no luck
3. Can't make a first phone call as they said 1-2-3 easy setup steps in 10 minutes
4. The UI device only shows two solid blue light on the line # 1 and 2. Ooma logo and other buttons have no light and no functional. I tried to turn off the Ooma device and turn it back on during holding Stop and Trash buttons to reset back to factory device, but no luck

Finally, they told me somehow during my upgrading the latest firmware from Ooma after completing the activation, I did turn off the device causing the interupt and not be able to get the upgrading any more as I can't buy it. Very useless through and unprofessional support

Question?

1. Does this device have other way to reset back to the default factory setup?
2. What does the USB port use for?
3. Can I download the new firmware and upgrade though USB port?

Could you please help me to resolve this issue?

Thank you very much in advance,

Thuan :idea:
#32028 by dknyinva
Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:36 pm
What is your current setup

modem --> Telo --> router
or
modem --> router --> Telo

Code: Select all1. Does this device have other way to reset back to the default factory setup?
Yes
Unplug the power from the back of the Telo and reconnect. As the Telo boots up, it will turn on each row of keys in order. When the bottom row turns off and the logo starts to flash red, press and "stop" and "trash" buttons at the same time and hold. The logo will then start to alternate between blue and red. Keep holding the "stop" and "trash" buttons until the logo turns off. You can then release and the Telo will reboot. After the Telo goes back into service, configure any network or QoS settings that would have been erased.
Code: Select all2. What does the USB port use for?
nothing right now
Code: Select all3. Can I download the new firmware and upgrade though USB port?
No, update will only be pushed OTA. Complete # 1 and wait for to receive the updates
#32038 by Thuan.Tran
Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:01 pm
My current setup: modem --> router --> Telo (To Ethernet - I saw solid yellow light and flashing green light)

I read from other post from your information and tried to reset my Telo. When I unplug the power of Telo over 1 or 2 minutes and plug back on, I only saw two solid blue lights on 1 & 2. I don't see other light turn on in the order from top row to bottom row. The Ooma logo has no light or white. I even press and hold both Stop and Trash buttons during turn on the power, but no luck at all.

The technical support told me somehow after my activation completing online I turned on the Telo and turned off and on since I don't see it worked during the new firmware upgrading that caused the Ooma interruption.

I still don't understand why not redoing the new firmware upgrading again should be worked if user made a mistake. This is unacceptable device as I spent almost 3 days to hope this device would work. Called 5 or 6 times to talked to the technical support but still couldn't make it works. I'm not sure about easy steps 1-2-3 in less than 10 minutes to make a first phone call is true or not.

Thank you for your help. Please help me with the next idea.

I have been so stressful / paintful for this device

Thanks
#32065 by tommies
Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:11 pm
This is the correct way to do a factory reset.
Unplug the power from the back of the Telo and reconnect. As the Telo boots up, it will turn on each row of keys in order. When the bottom row turns off and the logo starts to flash red, press and "stop" and "trash" buttons at the same time and hold. The logo will then start to alternate between blue and red. Keep holding the "stop" and "trash" buttons until the logo turns off. You can then release and the Telo will reboot.

However, according to your post
When I unplug the power of Telo over 1 or 2 minutes and plug back on, I only saw two solid blue lights on 1 & 2. I don't see other light turn on in the order from top row to bottom row. The Ooma logo has no light or white. I even press and hold both Stop and Trash buttons during turn on the power, but no luck at all.

your unit is probably dead, and your only option is to return it to whereever you bought it. Just tell the retailer that this unit is defective, and you want a replacement. I believe most retailer will happily give you a replacement.

And when you get the replacement unit, follow the install I posted here.viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4399

Edited
Save your sanity, just return it for an exchange.