I just completed a Scout installation with 2 of these adapters. Not easy to find in a local store, and I probably went with the most expensive option myself but it works great.
Here are some links:
Radio Shack: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=3808512
MonoPrice.com: http://www.monoprice.com/products/produ ... largeimage
$0.87 (posted by Groundhound)
I have a cable modem, house wired with 4-wire phone wire and a phone I wanted to work near my Hub. POTS phone line from the outside pole disconnected from the wiring in my home.
A diagram would be great but I will offer a step-by-step of my installation...
Buy 2 of the L1 & L2 phone jack adapters mentioned above.
1) Plug the 1st L1 & L2 jack adapter mentioned above into the wall phone jack located nearest to the cable modem and Hub.
2) Plug Ooma supplied phone jack splitter into "Phone" jack in back of Hub.
3) Connect phone nearest the hub to one port of the Ooma supplied phone jack splitter in step 2.
4) Connect a phone cable from the other port of the Ooma supplied phone jack splitter installed in step 2 to the "L1" connection of the L1 & L2 jack adapter installed in step 1. This will provide a Hub supplied phone line connection to all phone jacks in the house on the L1 wire pair.
5) Connect another phone cable from the "Wall" jack on the back of the Hub to the "L2" connection of the L1 & L2 jack adapter installed in step 1. This will supply the Scout signal to the L2 wire pair through the house.
Go to the Scout location...
6) Plug the 2nd L1 & L2 jack adapter into the wall phone jack located nearest to where you are installing the Scout.
7) Connect a phone cable from the "Wall" jack on the back of the Scout to the "L2" connection of the L1 & L2 jack adapter installed in step 6.
8) Plug a phone into the "Phone" jack on the back of the Scout.
9) Power up Hub (if not already done).
10) Power up Scout. Allow time to connect (~30 seconds).
Ooma tab should turn blue (check that brightness dial is turned up), no red buttons (if no messages and no one on the phone). Scout should be working at this point.
The 'L1' and 'L1+L2' jacks of the 2nd L1 & L2 jack adapter installed in step 6 will offer a L1 phone signal being supplied by the Hub. Any standard one line device plugged into either of these 2 ports will use a phone signal supplied by the Hub. 2-line phone devices should not be plugged into the 'L1+L2' port to avoid conflict with the Scout.
Hope that my steps were not too confusing.