Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#31277 by jdpudge
Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:15 am
Am I doing something wrong?

The system can make and receive calls and I have one voicemail, but my "Add-Ons" page is blank (so I can't request a port) and I haven't been able to sign up for the full year of Premier.

The Home and Preferences page both read "Inbox is currently unavailable, please try again later" - yet a few "laters" don't seem to make a difference.

Don't know whether it's something I did or just normal expansion "growing" pains as the whole world switches to Ooma Telo... but I would appreciate any help/advice you may have.

Thanks in advance!
#31279 by murphy
Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:23 am
Did you call your number from the phone connected to the ooma device and configure your voice mail?
#31282 by jdpudge
Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:36 am
Yes.

Or rather... I picked up the phone and pressed the play button on the Telo - then "followed the voice prompts" which is what my setup instructions say. Voicemail (at the unit) seems to be working fine.
#31295 by jdpudge
Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:00 am
I'd like to revise and extend my remarks.

Voicemail appears to work. The welcome message was in there and when I called that line I got the correct greeting... but the message I left myself doesn't play from the unit.
#31298 by Groundhound
Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:21 am
jdpudge wrote:I'd like to revise and extend my remarks.

Voicemail appears to work. The welcome message was in there and when I called that line I got the correct greeting... but the message I left myself doesn't play from the unit.

When you leave yourself a message does the play key on your Telo flash? If so then it's probably just a case of the volume control set too low.
#31299 by jdpudge
Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:25 am
Thanks... but I'm able to listen to the rest of the prompts (and the original Ooma welcome message).

Regardless... I'm not in a rush to fix that part of things... I just want to get the ball rolling on porting my home number and setting up a year of Premier so I can order the new handsets when they become available.
#31301 by TechNoid665
Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:36 am
I just activated Ooma last night. I have the same problem with my ooma as the original poster. I have tried My Ooma on 2 seperate computers with different ISPs. I'm using IE 8 in both cases. One on Win 2008 Server, and the other on Win 7 Ultimate.

However, I have not yet assigned a PIN to my voicemail. Could this be the reason?
Last edited by TechNoid665 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
#31304 by jdpudge
Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:47 am
Groundhound wrote:
jdpudge wrote:The system can make and receive calls and I have one voicemail, but my "Add-Ons" page is blank (so I can't request a port) and I haven't been able to sign up for the full year of Premier.

What browser are you using to access https://my.ooma.com?

IE8 at home... IE6 here at work. Same results.