public IP from T1 IP block

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
DuckMaestro

public IP from T1 IP block

Post by DuckMaestro » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:13 am

Hi,

I'm currently researching a purchase of your product. We have a work-from-home business and a T1 line with a block of public IP addresses. Is it possible to configure the ooma device to use a specific public IP address (and specific subnet, router, etc)? I would prefer to connect the device straight to our T1 router using one of our available public IP addresses, since the only NAT we have is a software NAT through windows and I want as few failure points as possible.

Thanks in advance for any info!
-DuckMaestro

murphy

Re: public IP from T1 IP block

Post by murphy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:10 am

The unit can be configured to have a static IP address.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

southsound

Re: public IP from T1 IP block

Post by southsound » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:32 am

DuckMaestro wrote:Hi,

I'm currently researching a purchase of your product. We have a work-from-home business and a T1 line with a block of public IP addresses. Is it possible to configure the ooma device to use a specific public IP address (and specific subnet, router, etc)? I would prefer to connect the device straight to our T1 router using one of our available public IP addresses, since the only NAT we have is a software NAT through windows and I want as few failure points as possible.

Thanks in advance for any info!
-DuckMaestro
I would love to have the quality of service that your T1 provides! I've been very happy using both a hub/scout and Telo with my 1.5mbs/768kbps DSL. Your connection should give you wonderful service. Welcome to the forums - and hopefully to the ooma family!
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.