Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#31216 by Sylvia Hayes
Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:32 pm
We just hooked up our Ooma Telo this afternoon, did need support but it is running now. I tried to port our number choosing to purchase premier, but I get to the very end and it gives me this message:

There may have been a problem processing your error. Please contact Ooma Support for more information.

Tried it twice and the same message? What am I doing wrong?
#31220 by Aveamantium
Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:45 pm
The website may be having issues... I checked the status page and all was green but this same thing happened to me back in July when I signed up to premier. It finally took after trying all day (about 9 attempts). Unfortunately, they were actually "taking" so I ended up with 9 years of Premier. Needless to say a quick call to support resolved this but you might keep an eye out just in case.
#31249 by Sylvia Hayes
Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:39 pm
Just want to add something here since it still won't go through. I was trying to port my number not just purchase premier. I get to the confirmation section and it comes up with the message. I can go in there like I want to add to the cart, but instead view my cart with one item in there. I try to access my card and complete it, but it is the same, with the same message:

There may have been a problem processing your error. Please contact Ooma Support for more information.

Is this any different than what I described earlier?
#31268 by allo
Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:56 pm
Sylvia Hayes wrote:Just want to add something here since it still won't go through. I was trying to port my number not just purchase premier. I get to the confirmation section and it comes up with the message. I can go in there like I want to add to the cart, but instead view my cart with one item in there. I try to access my card and complete it, but it is the same, with the same message:

Is this any different than what I described earlier?

There are still some bugs with the Internet System: Credit Cards/Billings... but all of your problems will be solved if you use the phone and talk to OOMA customer service!
It is better to buy Premier first and then port the #.
The other way around includes paying $40 and getting reimbursed later when you purchase Premier... which may take some time.
#32965 by coldsteel
Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:11 pm
I had the same problem purchasing Premier with a free number port the CC submission would always end with a "problem processing your error" [sic] page. Finally had to get the customer service to manually complete the order. I got fed up constantly typing in the information (3 times at customer service request) only to have it fail using both IE and Firefox. It looks like the billing system adds extraneous information to your address (like COR for corner or STREET etc) which causes the address to be rejected by the CC company and then after customer service corrected my billing address it turned out that there was nowhere on the CC form to add a middle initial so that would appear to be why the CC was also rejected (customer service couldn't fix this either so they finally gave me an OID and initiated a MANUAL order process), all in all it took me about 4 hours to get PREMIER ordered with a phone number port (BTW the manual process I'm talking about is for the number port once the Premier order went through. As I commented to the customer service person the whole process felt like I was the first person doing this instead of ordering from a company that has been in business for a few years.

Anyway, looking forward to getting my number ported, dropping AT&T and saving $70.00 per month.
#36854 by Badlands
Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:33 pm
I had this same issue today. I tried 3 different credit cards and it wouldn't take any of them. I called customer service and they got one of my credit cards in the system, and told me to try again online. Then when I tried to check out with Premier and porting, I got the "There may have been a problem processing your error" message. That error message doesn't even make sense!

So I called customer service again and the agent insisted it was a problem with my credit card and I need to contact my bank. When I told her that wasn't the case, she kept repeating herself over and over. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she was the same broken record, saying my credit card was the issue, despite my telling her I was 100% sure that wasn't the case and telling her the exact available (5-digit) balance on my card, right off the issuer's website.

After a frustrating 45 minutes on the phone that didn't do anything but raise my blood pressure, I took the Premier out of my cart and checked out with just the porting... and it went right through. I guess they don't want my $60 for the Premier.

It's pretty annoying that they insisted it was the fault of my credit card and not on their end when this is an issue that's been known to occur in the past. I've heard such great things about Ooma, but this isn't a good first impression.
#42756 by amoney
Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:29 pm
Interesting thread, I just want to add in that i had a issue as well, and this thread explains my experience. Begining of december, I attempted to get free PORT with purchase of Premier. I searched but could not find the PORT option as discribed. I tried just adding Premier with free PORT, and nothing happened except a Premier charge. I called customer service and they indicated that the website was broken and now is fixed, to try again. Lo and behold the PORT option was now there, I proceeded as described, filled the LOA online and submitted, and was done. Well almost, I had to followup with the the double Premier charge but it worked out in the end.

So I assume there was a issue, and Ooma apparently temporarily removed the online PORT option to correct.

Note a notice would have been nice, and as far as the earlier people that had issues, a quicker responce identifing the website issue would have saved alot of headaches.
#42873 by y2hpeople
Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:48 am
I just register ooma also and I try to open Premier page

well ... it keep error for no reason so I waiting to call customer service for now