Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#30618 by in2dadark
Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:41 am
I'm a seasonal resident. I just came back south and I've only had my ooma in my other home for 6 months and it worked fine there. I plugged it in here and it's only working at the hub and the scout. I plugged in the other phones and they don't work out of the outlets. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks
#30621 by Groundhound
Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:02 am
Either you don't have it connected to your home's wiring the same way, or there is a fault in your home's wiring. More detail about how you have it connected? Also, do you have the phone company's line disconnected at your home's demark box (assuming no DSL)?
#30822 by in2dadark
Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:51 pm
Groundhound wrote:Either you don't have it connected to your home's wiring the same way, or there is a fault in your home's wiring. More detail about how you have it connected? Also, do you have the phone company's line disconnected at your home's demark box (assuming no DSL)?

No DSL and I just disconnected the lines at the box and nothing changed. At my other place ooma worked with the phone company line connected or disconnected. There is no phone service at either house from a landlne. I guess my next step, when I get a minute this weekend, is to connect the hub at one of these nonworking outlets. As it is the hub WORKS in another room and the main ooma unit works in my office. I'm guessin when I do plug in the hub at these other outlets they will work too. But I don't know what that will mean if I'm right.