Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#30099 by radeknv
Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:11 am
So I had my Hub working in no time. Now when upgrading to Telo I have nothing but problems. Network is setup same as it was with Hub. Got Omma cust serv to transfer the acct from Hub to Telo (48 hours). I have 4 solid lights on the bottom and no other indication of activity. Tried to hard reset w/o any luck. Ooma cust service sees Telo 'downloading' and they recomend to wait another 24 hours before calling back. As others I did not realize when first connected - Telo needs to upgrade firmware and I unpluged it. Was that the fatal mistake and my Telo is bricked? Now I have no working phone at home - disconnected Hub and Telo that will not work. Any advice anyone?
#30102 by WayneDsr
Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:28 am
When the Telo updates it does take some time. 30 min to an hour IF you don't interupt it.

When you plugged it in for the first time, did it flash red for a bit ?
The blue keys lit up with no red ooma light is an indication software is updating. How long have you had it plugged in ?

Wayne
#30109 by radeknv
Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:04 am
It did flash blue at first, but I don't remember seeing red. It's been sitting plugged in for few hours now with solid blue bottom row. I am going to leave it alone until tomorrow and call cust service if nothing changes.
#30110 by Dante R
Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:05 am
I don't see your Telo ever registering successfully with our servers.

Can you please provide more details as to your setup?

What kind of internet connection?
What cables are going to what ports?
What lights are on for both the modem and telo?
#30852 by radeknv
Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:28 pm
Well, not sure why but my Telo is now working. I spent some additional time on the phone with customer service to create an escallation ticket. Withing 30 minutes of me hanging up, it started working. So all is good for now.
#30869 by murphy
Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:06 am
On the initial connection it takes about 30 minutes for the Telo to download and install the latest software. The bottom row of lights will be lit during most of the update process.