Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#29928 by danjb
Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:54 pm
I just bought a Telo, and am porting my number to Ooma. In the interim, I am using the landline integration feature to bring my incoming landline into the Telo WALL jack, then having all my other phones connect to the PHONE jack on the Telo. This works great, except I don't get any callerid shown on my house phones (or logged by the Telo) for incoming landline calls. Incoming VOIP calls (other Ooma subscribers or calls on my bonus Ooma number) do show callerid, and if I replace the Telo with a phone line coupler between the two jacks, all landline calls DO show callerid on my house phones, so I know it is the Telo stripping the callerid.

I've seen posts from some other Telo users having the same problem, but I'm curious if incoming landline calls through the Telo have callerid shown for anyone? I know this problem will go away once my number is ported, but in the meantime I wonder if I have something set up wrong?
#29966 by ntoy
Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:51 am
Hello,

Currently there is a known issue with callerid not passing through on Telo's with Landline configuration.

Note: This is provided you have callerid service with your phone(Landline) company.

No eta, but we are working hard to resolve this issue.
#32314 by beefree
Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:18 pm
does ooma hub has same problem?
because i used landline as backup and intend to cancel "caller id " feature from landline company ($10/month)....
if i did cancel the caller id feature from phone company (AT&T), will ooma show caller id still? thanks.
#32712 by peitsche
Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:27 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello,

Currently there is a known issue with callerid not passing through on Telo's with Landline configuration.

Note: This is provided you have callerid service with your phone(Landline) company.

No eta, but we are working hard to resolve this issue.

Is there still no resolution to this? I am not planning on porting my number, I just want to use the landline integration.
#51691 by lbmofo
Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:41 pm
I have the Hub and currently in landline integration mode. I subsribe to callerid on my landline but the phone directly connected to the Hub doesn't reflect callerid on inbound calls; my call log also shows "unknown" for all incoming calls. Phones connected to landline jacks directly however, reflect inbound callerid. Outbound callerid works fine.

I just called ooma technical support and the guy was not aware of this particular problem, after some checking, he said that Hub callerid function is clashing with my landline callerid so my inbound callerid is not working (since user manual talks about inbound callerid working with landline integration if feature is subscribed on landline so I seriously doubt he knew what he was talking about).

In any case, I told the guy to do nothing since in a few days my number will be ported over; then both inbound and outbound callerid should work fine (hopefully).

By looking at this thread, now, I know others are having the same issue. But is it rare or are a lot of landline integrated units having the same issue?