Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#29905 by redbike2001
Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:58 pm
My AT&T Callvantage service ends on Nov 17th. Just bought, registered, and started the porting process of my existing number today. Ooma quoted me 3-4 weeks (which takes me beyond the Nov 17th date).

Can I get an idea of how long it is actually taking?

Thanks

Eric
#29907 by cjones78
Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:05 pm
Mine took two weeks! Submitted number port form on October 8th and my number was ported on October 22nd. I am wondering if yours will happen faster because AT&T can't wait to get everyone off the CallVantage network! lol

In fact, I am surprised you have until November 17th. I work with three guys who were all waiting for CallVantage to end without switching providers because they were going to ditch a house phone completely and just have their cellphone as their only phone. All three coworkers had their CallVantage service cut on October 20th.
#29914 by redbike2001
Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:16 pm
Thanks for the info. That makes me feel better. I have a letter from them that states the Nov 17th date, so I hope they hold of until then. Guess I was one of the few people who liked CV.
#29961 by amarryat
Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:28 am
cjones78 wrote:Mine took two weeks! Submitted number port form on October 8th and my number was ported on October 22nd. I am wondering if yours will happen faster because AT&T can't wait to get everyone off the CallVantage network! lol

In fact, I am surprised you have until November 17th. I work with three guys who were all waiting for CallVantage to end without switching providers because they were going to ditch a house phone completely and just have their cellphone as their only phone. All three coworkers had their CallVantage service cut on October 20th.

Exactly the same as me. Same dates too! And by the 26th (could have been earlier), my outbound CID info included my name as well. Anyway, this took far less than the month that you read about.
#30147 by cjones78
Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:46 pm
I am confused because I filled out all the number porting information within My Ooma and did the whole electronic signature thing and I just got an email with a copy of the LOA (in pdf format) for my records maybe 10-15 minutes after submitting the number porting request.

Anyway, I actually never received an email with an estimated date of my number port, but I had called cust service about a billing issue and they happened to mention the date to me then. I did get an email two days before the estimated number port date letting me know the number port was scheduled for the 22nd. I also received another email the day of the port letting me know it was completed.