Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#30214 by Xusia
Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:05 pm
murphy wrote:Only the blue tab. All the rest are off.

You got it! No buttons are red, but as I said above, the green and amber lights are now illuminated on the Ooma modem port and the Time Warner modem port. Everything has been functioning normally ever since.
#30215 by murphy
Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:07 pm
Xusia wrote:Just to be clear, the lights that I was refering to that were out were the network and activity lights (green and amber lights) on the Ooma modem port and the Time Warner modem port.

That sounds like a bad cable or a crossover cable instead of a straight cable.
#30217 by Xusia
Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:19 pm
Dante R wrote:Sometimes toggling bridge mode inside the modem helps. Sometimes cloning your PC's MAC inside ooma setup helps.

Don't know how do I toggle bridge mode, so I never tried that. Nor did Ooma tech support suggest it. Never tried cloning my PC's MAC either, good idea. But if the port lights are out would that even matter?

Dante R wrote:It looks like you currently have your hub behind router correct? Please PM me with the date and time stamp so I can take a look the next time it goes red.

Nope, Ooma is behind my "old" modem now and everything appears to be working fine. What is a PM and how do I do that? Hopefully it won't go red again now that it's behind the modem (knock on wood), but I'll be sure to PM you if it does.
#30219 by Xusia
Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:12 am
murphy wrote:That sounds like a bad cable or a crossover cable instead of a straight cable.

Yes it does. However, I tried several cables that I knew were good, before, during and after the sevice call and those lights NEVER lit up. I even tried a crossover cable on purpose to see if anything would happen.
Last bumped by Xusia on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:12 am.