Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#29544 by kevinditra
Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:35 pm
I am currently no lights on my teleo.

I have my modem connected to my router and then an ethernet coming from the router to the teleo. I have also tried conecting the teleo straight to the router. both ways i get no lights. the only light is an orange blinking light on my ethernet cables attached to the teleo.

I had blinking blue lights at one point... but i got confused during the setup and i thought i was supposed to unlug it for 5 seconds, i think i upset it during the software update. is there any way to reset the teleo?

any help with this?
#29545 by WayneDsr
Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:48 pm
Tap the light (sun) key and the lights should come on.
Make sure the Telo is connected from the TO INTERNET to the router.

Wayne
#29564 by kevinditra
Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:59 pm
sorry wayne, wish it was that easy. this thing just isnt working. waste of money perhaps? I definately have my internet running to the "to internet" port. No lights, no buttons, nothing works.
#29585 by WayneDsr
Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:08 am
kevinditra wrote:sorry wayne, wish it was that easy. this thing just isnt working. waste of money perhaps? I definately have my internet running to the "to internet" port. No lights, no buttons, nothing works.

And do you have lights on the back where the cat 5 plugs into the Telo?

Wayne
#29587 by hpepper
Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:12 am
kevinditra wrote: the only light is an orange blinking light on my ethernet cables attached to the teleo.

Hey Wayne, he actually mentioned he does have the link-light in his first post.
#29588 by WayneDsr
Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:15 am
hpepper wrote:
kevinditra wrote: the only light is an orange blinking light on my ethernet cables attached to the teleo.

Hey Wayne, he actually mentioned he does have the link-light in his first post.

Guess I'm still now fully awake this rainy morning!

My first Telo unit acted this way. The ribbon cable from the board to the keys and lights must have been disconnected in shipping. I returned mine for one that worked. That may be an option for you if no one can help you fire it up.

Wayne
#29592 by kevinditra
Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:05 am
modem --> router --> teleo

the only light that lights up now is an orange blinking light where the cable from the router is hooked into the "to internet" port
#29595 by WayneDsr
Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:16 am
kevinditra wrote:modem --> router --> teleo

the only light that lights up now is an orange blinking light where the cable from the router is hooked into the "to internet" port

A reset was mentioned in another post. Press the STOP (square) key and the TRASH key at the same time. Not sure what it resets, but you could give it a try. If your keys aren't working then this probably wouldn't work.

Can you hook a pc or laptop into the HOME/NETWORK port of the telo? Reboot the pc/laptop to obtain an ip from the Telo and see if you can connect to http://setup.ooma.com

Wayne
#29597 by ntoy
Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:27 am
Hello kevinditra,

Your Telo was detected on our network yesterday & was in the middle of upgrading. Do you still have it plugged in & powered up since yesterday? If so, the download image maybe corrupted. You can try powering off again & re-powering & to allow some time. If it is unable to recover, you would need to return it for another one.

If it is not plugged in, go ahead & power it back up & allow some time.

Note: Some telos make take longer to update. I have had cases where some took a little over an hour.