Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#28585 by tellmeister
Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:56 am
Is it possible to use the Ooma system with a wireless laptop connect card such as the AT&T 3G card? I've heard it's possible but not sure how to set it up using a wirelsss usb card. Has anybody done this and if so what is the process and quality?
#28605 by hpepper
Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:49 pm
From what I have read, anyone that has tried hasn't had much success.

Ooma states somewhere on their site it doesn't work - as in doesn't work well at all - too much latency.
#29619 by tellmeister
Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:34 am
I tried to set up the ooma system with my new AT&T connect air card but couldn't figure it out. Instead I bought a Magic Jack and I was surprised to see it actually works with the connect air card. I'd rather set up the Ooma system since I already own it and return the Magic Jack. Any suggestions on how to set up the Ooma with an air card would be great.
#29623 by hpepper
Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:04 pm
tellmeister wrote:I tried to set up the ooma system with my new AT&T connect air card but couldn't figure it out. Instead I bought a Magic Jack and I was surprised to see it actually works with the connect air card. I'd rather set up the Ooma system since I already own it and return the Magic Jack. Any suggestions on how to set up the Ooma with an air card would be great.

It depends what operating system you have. You will have to set up Internet Connection Sharing where your wired Ethernet port on the machine that has the air card becomes your Internet connection - this is where you would plug in your Ooma Hub. You should be able to find information on Internet Connection Sharing on the Microsoft site to help you.