Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#27119 by jobee
Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:58 am
Can you tell me if my Hub and Scout can work with a 2 line Polycom phone? My configuration is the Hub sitting right next to the Scout, connected together (no use of house wiring or outside lines). I've got two phones, one is the Polycom (attached to Hub) and the other is a Panasonic (attached to Scout). I would like to eliminate the Panasonic so that I only have one phone, one hub, and one scout at my desk. Is this possible? If so, what is the proper configuration for this setup?
#27121 by murphy
Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:40 am
Connect the hub's phone port to line 1 of the 2 line phone and connect the scout's phone port to line 2 of the 2 line phone.
Connect the wall port of the hub to the wall port of the scout.
#27131 by jobee
Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:56 am
Thank you Murphy! How would I do this if I was using the house wiring instead of going directly from Hub to Scout?

murphy wrote:Connect the hub's phone port to line 1 of the 2 line phone and connect the scout's phone port to line 2 of the 2 line phone.
Connect the wall port of the hub to the wall port of the scout.
#30771 by maao
Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:02 pm
I just configured my setup with two phones, main phone is a 2-line phone. I have a backup metered landline, and since the landline calls coming in do not get routed through the Ooma device, I needed a 2-line phone to get my landline to ring in. This is necessary because I have the Ooma no-connection call forwarding set to my landline, which does not have call-forwarding feature, and because the Ooma does not ring without landline integration (I don't want that since I ported my number), I needed the 2-line phone.

I set my phones up as such:
Wall line split 3 ways, 1 to my fax machine, 1 to Line 1 of my 2-line phone, 1 to the Ooma Hub WALL connection. This way, fax is through landline, and both the Ooma service and my phone can use the landline to dial out, Ooma if net goes down, my phone if power goes out (my phone has line 1 as the no-power backup hence the landline to line 1).
The phone connection from the Hub is connected to line 2 of my 2-line phone.
The 2-line phone is configured to default to always use line 2. That means I have to manually choose line 1 to dial out using my landline.
The scout is in another location connected to my wall jack per Ooma directions, connected to my 2nd cordless phone. The hub and scout share 2 phone numbers (I didn't configure one number for hub and one for scout). The reason why I kept my 2nd phone is because now, I can have two simultaneous calls through my Ooma service, one call from each phone bases. Both phone sets ring when either of my phone numbers ring as well.