Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#26958 by stevenp
Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:50 am
Hi,

I got my Hub and Scout working, and have my previous 2 numbers forwarded to them until porting is complete. Yay! :D

BUT, I can't get the devices configured on the My Ooma pages.

What I want: Hub as a personal device (Home) with its own ring & voicemail; Scout as 2nd personal device (Work) with its own ring & voicemail.

What I have (Phone Number Preferences page): Hub/Scout as a Shared device with the 2 numbers associated with it.
Hub and Scout listed separately with proper names (Home, Work).

But, when I click on a phone number for the Shared evice and assign it to either Personal device, I get a message saying there's an error saying there's a problem moving the number, that my number reservation may have expired or I may not have any more virtual numbers to add. I'm not adding a number, just assigning one of my 2 numbers to a Personal device.

Help? :cry:
#27262 by cringer
Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:00 pm
I, too, have this problem. I have a shared Hub / Scout icon with my two phone numbers (primary ported and secondary Ooma) associated with the shared device. I have a second icon listed as OfficeHub and a third icon listed as Scout1. I was successful assigning my secondary Ooma number to the Scout1 icon, but I get the "problem moving the number, that my number reservation may have expired or I may not have any more virtual numbers to add" message when I try to assign my primary ported number to the OfficeHub icon. As I understand the Ooma model, "shared" devices allow multiple phone numbers to exist on a single device. The model also provides for one phone number assignment to one device (called a "personal" device). Based on this, I should be able to eliminate my Hub / Scout (shared) icon and use only my OfficeHub and Scout1 icons.

I believe a related issue is that I cannot apply "do not disturb" to one device only.

Any solution to this will be greatly appreciated.