Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#26919 by thosj
Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:30 am
I bought Ooma Hub/Scout a few weeks ago, activated with no landline, setup, all OK behind my router. I requested port of my number. I got an email from Ooma about a week ago telling me my port was scheduled for Oct. 16, yesterday. Yesterday, Oct. 16, my old landline rang 4 times during the day, CID showing OomaInc, all 4 times, no one there, just dead line. As of today, Oct. 17 AM, my landline still works and Ooma still works, all as it was.

So.....the question is what were the 4 calls from OomaInc to my landline? Is this typical during the porting process?

The reason I'm worried is Time Warner, my old phone supplier, has scheduled a Service Call for Tuesday, Oct. 20 to "downgrade" my service!! I didn't schedule this, it must have triggered on the Port request. I guess when they show up and my number is still not ported, I send them away.
#26924 by chip
Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:32 am
I recall that when I was porting my number, I did receive a number of calls from ooma in my call log. I think they were testing if the port was successful.
#26968 by jazzyone
Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:32 am
Did you receive an email from ooma confirming the completion of the port?

That would be the final indication that the port has successfully taken place. On the day of my port both my landlne and ooma worked but the landline was only making outbound calls. Inbound calls to my ported number rang on my ooma.

As soon as I got the confirmation email from ooma I disconneced my house wire from verizon.
#27059 by thosj
Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:25 pm
jazzyone wrote:Did you receive an email from ooma confirming the completion of the port?

That would be the final indication that the port has successfully taken place. On the day of my port both my landlne and ooma worked but the landline was only making outbound calls. Inbound calls to my ported number rang on my ooma.

As soon as I got the confirmation email from ooma I disconneced my house wire from verizon.

I didn't get an email yet, just the 4 phone calls, no one on the line. I'll assume they were just "testing" and the port is yet to happen. So far, my old landline is working for inbound and outbound.