Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#26788 by sburke39
Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:14 pm
I presently have both a Scout and Hub, each with a single phone number assigned to them. If I add a second line to either Hub or Scout, can I set up Call Forwarding on that number so that incoming calls will NEVER go into OOMA voicemail? I need to have all messages handled by the forwarded number's voicemail.

Is there any advantage to adding the second number to the Hub vs. the Scout?, or vise versa?

Lastly, I read somewhere that 2nd lines cost $4.99. Does this apply to us "old timers" with the Scout/Hub/Premier services?

Thanks!
#26791 by niknak
Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:20 pm
if you already have 2 numbers (1 for the hub and 1 for the scout) then any additional numbers cost $4.99 per mo. There were never any discounts either with the old or new TOS
(note only 2 numbers at a time can be active at any one time)
#26800 by ntoy
Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Hello,

With a Hub,Scout, & Active Ooma Premiere Services, the maximum number of lines you can have is 2.
With our MultiRing feature(our version of call forwarding), there is no option to forward the calls to another voice mail system. The calls will only go to Ooma's voicemail if not picked up.

Currently, your account shows a purchase of annual premiere which includes 2 numbers. As long as you maintain premiere services, you will be able to use both lines/numbers. I do not feel moving the numbers around from hub to scout or vice versa would provide any benefit.

If you choose to have a 3rd number or more, each would cost $4.99 per month per number plus you would need to keep premiere services active on your account.
#26832 by tommies
Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:27 pm
Google voice is another option--which is free. But you have to sign up and wait for the invitation. Mine took 3-4 weeks. Later Google voice extension will be added to ooma premier.
#26840 by lohertz
Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:43 pm
Google voice is an excellent option. I put in for my invitation when first available. When i got my number the wife put in for hers and invite was in a couple days.