Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#26737 by mantis
Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:59 pm
I can not get my Telo to work. The bottom 4 lights are on. First night I left it for 3 hours and nothing ever happened, the bottom 4 lights stayed lit. I reset the cable modem. The setup is cable modem--->Telo---->computer. The internet works fine on the computer. I left the Telo plugged in for 24 hours, still just the bottom lights are lit. I called "support", she suggested that it is still downloading its update and to continue to wait. The Telo would need quite a hard drive for a 24 hour download! She could not offer anything else to help me. I asked for a supervisor, but none was available to talk to me. This has become quite frustrating. I want to pack it up and take it back. Thanks for any suggestions.
#26738 by bw1
Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:03 pm
Did you reset the cable modem with the Telo connected and powered up?

Try unplugging the Telo and the cable modem and then after 30 seconds, plug in the Telo. Wait another 30 seconds and then plug in the cable modem.

If you're still having trouble, from your PC, go to http://setup.ooma.com and let us know what it says on the Home and Network page.
#26743 by mantis
Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:21 pm
On phone over an hour with support. Reset Telo, modem etc.
Here is my setup page..

Your ooma Network is Initializing, please wait...
Internet: Detecting...
Ooma Core: Detecting...
Phone Line: Detecting...
Ooma Services
Phone Setup: We are waiting for your phone line to be configured for the ooma network
Second Line: Enabled
Voice Mail: Enabled

mantis
#26745 by dknyinva
Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:29 pm
Try calling your ISP to have them refresh your modem while the Telo is power on. I think the problem is the modem is not registering your Telo MAC address. I had this problem and resolved by having my cable modem refresh by my ISP. Also if you haven't already, set the Telo to use the built-in MAC address.
#26750 by mantis
Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Two hours on the phone with support. At the end of this wild goose chase of unplugging, resetting etc, she told me I had two options.

1) She would create a "level 3" ticket and a technician would call me back in 3 to 5 days.
2) Return my Telo.

I am really disappointed in this product and support for it. I have been waiting since May when I heard about the new product coming from Ooma, and ordered it on Oct 4th. I was really looking forward to getting rid of my landline. This unit is going back, and I'm not sure if I'll order another.
#26755 by WayneDsr
Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:16 pm
Go into setup.ooma.com again.
Go to the NETWORK page.
Under the mac address, chose USE BUILT IN.
Click UPDATE

Turn off your modem and turn off the Telo.
Power up the modem and Telo.

Wayne
#26758 by Groundhound
Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:21 pm
In addition to Wayne's suggestion, you may need to do more than powercycle your modem, try resetting it (reset button on back) or as dknyinva suggested have your cable ISP send a refresh signal to it.
#26775 by mantis
Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:47 pm
Thankyou for the suggestions. I think I have a defective unit as it won't even perform a factory reset. I'm sending it back. I cancelled my account after the 2 hour support call. The rep said she would call me back with a cancellation ticket number in 5 minutes and she confirmed my home phone number. She never did call me back. Very frustrating, YMMV.
#26777 by Groundhound
Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:48 pm
mantis wrote:Thankyou for the suggestions. I think I have a defective unit as it won't even perform a factory reset. I'm sending it back. I cancelled my account after the 2 hour support call. The rep said she would call me back with a cancellation ticket number in 5 minutes and she confirmed my home phone number. She never did call me back. Very frustrating, YMMV.

We've all been wondering how you perform a factory reset on a Telo, what did they tell you to try?