Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#26606 by OldPete
Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:49 am
Hi,

I am trying to install my ooma for the first time (original hub). And I am on the activation page -- when I type in my activation code all I get is the "black swirl" to show it is activating, and nothing else happens. I have turned off all my firewalls, and tried everything else. Nothing seems to work.

Tech support is closed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Pete

Windows Vista is the OS
#26608 by daet
Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:55 am
OldPete wrote:I am trying to install my ooma for the first time (original hub). And I am on the activation page -- when I type in my activation code all I get is the "black swirl" to show it is activating, and nothing else happens. I have turned off all my firewalls, and tried everything else. Nothing seems to work.

Out of curiosity, where did you buy your hub from? Was it a store return, or purchased from eBay? There have been problems with activating some of these.

DG
#26609 by OldPete
Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:07 am
I don't know why, but I just did it on a different machine... no problem. I'd still like to know why it wouldn't work on this machine.
#26623 by WayneDsr
Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:13 am
I hope all goes well from this point. Welcome to the ooma forums, there are some pretty smart people here and they're all willing to help. We've all been there!

Wayne
(not a moderator nor an ooma employee)
#26675 by niknak
Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:51 am
OldPete wrote:I don't know why, but I just did it on a different machine... no problem. I'd still like to know why it wouldn't work on this machine.

Different browser or browser version