Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#26567 by TechNo
Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:14 pm
I just bought Ooma Premier and am waiting for my number to be ported. I currently have Packet 8 VOIP. When I connected according to instructions, I get dialtone and can call out but can't call in. Ooma support last night said to hook up through Packet 8 box but I cant get anything to work...flashing red OOMA! I have a cable modem, D-link router, a Packet 8 box and the new Ooma Telo. How do I get incoming & outgoing calls on my existing number (waiting to be ported) or maybe a new number? I know how it will work once my number is ported and I cancel Packet 8.
#26568 by Groundhound
Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:23 pm
TechNo wrote:I just bought Ooma Premier and am waiting for my number to be ported. I currently have Packet 8 VOIP. When I connected according to instructions, I get dialtone and can call out but can't call in. Ooma support last night said to hook up through Packet 8 box but I cant get anything to work...flashing red OOMA! I have a cable modem, D-link router, a Packet 8 box and the new Ooma Telo. How do I get incoming & outgoing calls on my existing number (waiting to be ported) or maybe a new number? I know how it will work once my number is ported and I cancel Packet 8.

Did you choose to integrate your P8 number with the Telo when you registered it? Is your Telo's "to Internet" port connected directly to your router?
#26573 by Groundhound
Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:35 pm
TechNo wrote:Groundhog: I beilieve I did use the P8 number when I registered the Telo. No, the "to internet " is not hooked to anything.

Connect "to Internet" to your router and connect the wall port to your P8 phone jack, reboot Telo. Wait about 30 min for software download.
#26575 by TechNo
Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:49 pm
Cool. I unhooked the P8 from the router and plugged the Telo "to internet" into router instead. Already had 'wall' into P8 phone jack. Lights are flashing and looking way better than I had it before!! I have a solid "blue" everything but will wait for the 30 min. Going to bed and will check it in the morning.

Thanks for your help, Groundhog!!

TechNo