Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#26563 by OomaWannaBe
Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:48 pm
I'm not getting incoming calls through Ooma. The Do Not Disturb button is blue not red so I know that is not the problem. No calls are not going to voice mail. I know the calls are coming in on the landline because I can disconnect from Ooma and connect directy to a phone and hear the ring.

Ooma is setup as: modem>router>ooma

Can anyone help?
#26566 by Groundhound
Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:14 pm
So anyone trying to help can get a better understanding of the problem, is this a continuation of the problem you described in this thread http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=25823#p25823? What are your goals for your existing landline - do you want to keep it or port it (yes, this has a bearing on what the best solution to the problem is)?
#26574 by Groundhound
Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:42 pm
IMHO, when the eventual goal is to replace the landline and port the number over to Ooma, you're better off not integrating the two so you have a temporary number to use with Ooma while you are waiting for the port to go through (replaces temp number). This makes for cleaner connections, especially when using DSL. You will not have to connect your wall port to the landline in this case. You can forward your inbound calls to your temporary Ooma number until the port is complete. If you decide to go this way, you will need to get customer service to set it up.

Edit: With DSL, you would probably have to convert it to "dry loop" DSL without a number associated with it.
#26581 by Groundhound
Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:03 pm
You'll have to tell them that you don't want to keep your landline and to set up an Ooma number for you. Keep it simple and don't mention porting at this point, you can take care of that later after everything is working to your satisfaction.