Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#26477 by jonyabes
Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:42 pm
Im a FIOS customer with internet, TV and phone. Im planning on getting ooma soon depending on my installation options.

My router is in the basement. I have Panasonic base phone with 3 handset connected wirelessly. All bedrooms has phone ports and we only use one line.

What is my option as far as connecting the phone into the hub?
Do I need to connect my base phone in the basement which is where the router is located?
What hardwares do i need?

I would like to keep the base phone in the masterbedroom.

-jon
#26478 by hpepper
Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:55 pm
There are many options and ways to do this.

Let's start with the Telo.

One way is to plug your house wirning into the Phone port of the Telo and you will have phone bases anywhere you can plug into your house wiring in the house. This assumes you have house wiring where your Telo hub will be located.

There are many options depending on if you have DSL or cable, Available extra pairs of wiring in the house among other things.

Is your Internet access DSL or cable? This would help with where to go with suggestions for you. ANY other deatils of your setup can't hurt. More information will give you more suggestions from the forums.
#26487 by niknak
Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:17 pm
...Is your Internet access DSL or cable...

OP stated he is using FIOS so DSL HPNA is not an issue
I agree he can just plug the base into the wall jack in the bedroom, and plug the phone port on the ooma into another wall port close by. As long as the wall wiring is correct all should be ok

note: If you have a FIOS "package" with a contract, you will pay dearly for early termination. Best to keep the FIOS line separate from the ooma and get a new number for ooma until you can cancel the FIOS telephone service