Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#26571 by Groundhound
Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:31 pm
The hub's QoS during a call has been seen to be much higher than it should be by me and others, but your case is pretty extreme. I would place the hub behind the router and let the router handle QoS if call frequency (and concurrent bandwidth loss) is enough to be a real concern.
#26664 by kamiller42
Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:38 am
Groundhound wrote:The hub's QoS during a call has been seen to be much higher than it should be by me and others, but your case is pretty extreme. I would place the hub behind the router and let the router handle QoS if call frequency (and concurrent bandwidth loss) is enough to be a real concern.

Would recommend I take the following steps?

1) Set upstream and downstream speeds to 0 to disable the Ooma QoS.
2) Set reserved bandwidth to 130 (or maybe 70).
3) Put Ooma hub behind router.
#26668 by niknak
Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:40 am
If the hub is behind the router it is not going to do any QOS. That would happen on the router. reset the ooma to factory defaults
#26673 by WayneDsr
Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:45 am
I agree with niknak... the ooma hub or telo connected to a router as you would any pc (behind the router) is the way to go. This keeps ooma and the network separate. Easier to trouble shoot in the long run.

Wayne
#26853 by kamiller42
Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:20 pm
Ok. I went ahead and changed the hub's position. It is behind the router. I will test things in this configuration for a while, watching for drop calls or drop outs in call. Hopefully it all goes well.

Thank you for the help fellow Ooma-ites!