Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#25931 by Leeway
Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:11 am
I'm planning ahead to be prepared (I hope). When I make the switch from hub to Telo, I plan to give my hub to one of my son's & family. He has DSL via AT&T for web only. He has absolutely no phone service in his place (uses cell only). He could really use the Ooma hub. I will probably give him my current cordless phones too because I just ordered new ones.

Will I run into problems? Everyone here keeps talking about problems with DSL. I don't know why? I have U-Verse without phone isn't that DSL? I've never had any problems a plug into the router is all I needed.
#25932 by murphy
Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:16 am
As long as the DSL signal only goes to the DSL modem and is not fed to the rest of the phone wires in the house there will not be any problem.
#25940 by hpepper
Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:46 am
... and especially if he isn't using the Scout... no reason to have DSL all over the house wiring.
#26064 by Leeway
Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:47 pm
If he has no phone service with AT&T but does have web with them. Doesn't that mean he would have a dry loop?

Is there any problem with ooma hub and dry loop?

I have U-verse but I do not have a dry loop so I'm not sure how that all goes together. I guess it's about time for me to get out the Ooma hub manual and re-read. :!:

He won't need the Scout, just having a home phone will be a boost for them.
#26083 by southsound
Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:56 pm
Leeway wrote:If he has no phone service with AT&T but does have web with them. Doesn't that mean he would have a dry loop?

Is there any problem with ooma hub and dry loop?

I have U-verse but I do not have a dry loop so I'm not sure how that all goes together. I guess it's about time for me to get out the Ooma hub manual and re-read. :!:

He won't need the Scout, just having a home phone will be a boost for them.

Donna,
It will work just fine. Yes, he has a dry loop - DSL without the underlying voice service. He just needs to connect up the hub either before or after his router (both work fine) and plug your cordless phones into the phone port on the hub. The only complication might be if he is using a wireless connection for his computers and your old cordless is either a 2.4ghz or some of the 5.8ghz models. They can interfere with a WiFi connection and take the network down. His best bet would be your hub with a DECT 6.0 system from either Uniden or Panasonic. I bought a couple (I know, I'm a phoneaholic) of 5-handset Uniden phones from Staples and used a $25 off coupon so I got them for $75 each. That would more than take care of all his phone needs and would not interfere with his wireless (if he was using that feature). At any rate, I'm sure he will be pleased. Good Job Mom! :cool: