Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#25823 by OomaWannaBe
Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:41 pm
I set up the Ooma Telo with landline integration. The upgrade installed and I can make outgoing calls. The problem is I am not getting all incoming calls. I get about 1 out of every 3 incoming calls. Can anybody help?
#25854 by murphy
Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:39 am
All incoming calls come via your land line provider. Was your land line provisioned for busy call forwarding?
#25887 by WayneDsr
Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:34 am
If busy call forwarding is not on your landline, when ever someone calls you and you are already on a call, they will get a busy signal.

Wayne
#25896 by WayneDsr
Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:48 am
Make sure you only have a phone connected to the PHONE port on ooma and that you don't have the PHONE port on ooma feeding the whole house like some do. There is still landline on your house wiring, so feeding your whole house with the Telo's PHONE port would not be a good thing.

If you are not feeding the house with the PHONE port try this:

Plug a wired phone into any wall jack that used to have landline. Call your number from your cell phone or any other phone, but not an ooma phone.

You should hear the Telo ring AND the phone connected to your wall wiring (your actual landline). If you only hear the landline phone and not the Telo phone, then there is an issue with ooma. If both phones ring (or not ring) together it seems to me the issue would be on the telco's end. That's just my guess....

Give it a try.

Wayne
#25995 by OomaWannaBe
Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:40 pm
What do you mean by whole house? My DSL and voice are on the same line that is distributed into various wall jacks in the house. Is that a problem? I followed the setup instructions that say that when you keep the landline "you MUST connect the WALL port to your phone jack."
#25997 by WayneDsr
Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:43 pm
Sometimes people connect the PHONE port of the ooma to their wall jack to get phone through the entire house, instead of just one phone connected to PHONE port. This is usually ok if you don't have DSL or a landline still utilizing the wiring.

It sounds like you have a phone connected to the Telo as you should.

Wayne
#26002 by OomaWannaBe
Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:55 pm
Wayne,

I hooked up a phone to the other outlets in the house and there is a dial tone so I guess that means the shared DSL is on there too. What should I do? Isn't this how most houses are wired?