Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#25791 by bdk0172
Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:28 pm
I've tried two different configurations for setting my Telo up, inbetween the modem and router as suggested by the quick start guide and behind my router with an IP reserved based on MAC address. When I try the quick start guide suggestion, I can no longer access the internet from my pc(Modem to Internet port and Home Network port to router). When it's connected behind the router to the Internet port, I can still access the internet on my pc, but I don't think my Telo is doing anything. Either way, I'm only seeing the numbers 1 and 2 in blue on the device. This is after the Ooma logo had been blinking blue for a very long time. Based on other forum posts, I connected my pc directly to the Home Network port on the Telo and tried to go to setup.ooma.com using both IE8 and Firefox with it not being able to connect.

Does this mean my Telo is DOA. I saw on the forums that there's a way to reset the original hub back to factory defaults, but have not been able to find out if that is possible with the Telo. Does anyone know?
#25798 by WayneDsr
Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:46 pm
Disconnect the telo from the network. Connect your network minus the telo and make sure you have internet.

Connect a laptop or pc to the Telo. Make sure the pc/laptop is set for dhcp (not a manually set ip) and connect it to the HOME INTERNET port of the Telo. Reboot the pc/laptop so that it receives an ip from the Telo.
You should be able to go to http://setup.ooma.com from your pc/laptop.

In the NETWORK tab click on Modem Port Mac address: USE BUILT IN and click UPDATE.
This is also the mac address you should be using in your router for the Telo.

Check in the STATUS page to see if Telo actually has gotten the assigned IP from your router. ( it may not show since you are disconnected from the router)

Remove the pc and power down the Telo and connect it to a port in your router from the TO INTERNET port of the Telo.
Turn on the Telo. (you may have to power cycle the router) You don't need anything connected to the HOME/NETWORK port in this configuration.

The telo should turn on and start updating if is has not done that already. It should take about 30 minutes.

Wayne
#25800 by Dennis P
Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:51 pm
bdk0172 wrote:Either way, I'm only seeing the numbers 1 and 2 in blue on the device. This is after the Ooma logo had been blinking blue for a very long time.

If your Telo is stuck with the Ooma Logo off and just the 1 and 2 keys lit, it is stuck in a bad state. Please contact customer support or email me and we'll get a replacement sent out.
#25807 by bdk0172
Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:23 pm
Wayne, I tried what you suggested and was still unable to get into the Telo using setup.ooma.com.

Dennis, is there anyway to reset it to factory defaults to try and get it out of the "bad state"? I purchased it yesterday at Best Buy, so if anything, I would return it there and get a replacement.
#25808 by WayneDsr
Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:34 pm
If you cannot get into setup, then it is locked up. Email Dennis he can have one out to you right away.

Wayne
#31014 by s31n6
Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:39 pm
I've exactly the same problem. Did you get the replacement? How long it takes to get the replacement? I'm thinking about returning it back.
#31017 by dknyinva
Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:53 pm
s31n6 wrote:I've exactly the same problem. Did you get the replacement? How long it takes to get the replacement? I'm thinking about returning it back.
E-mail Dennis and he'll take care of you
#31158 by Dante R
Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:58 am
It looks like your Telo (MAC - 04165C) was UP and receiving phone calls on 10/28.

Since then it has only been connected for a few minutes at a time....Did you change something?

I would suggest you revert back to the configuration you used on 10/28.

Please let me know if I'm looking at the wrong MAC.

Also if you are unable to get to setup.ooma.com, try 172.27.35.1 instead.