Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#25571 by sbalderson
Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:01 pm
I need some help on installing my telo - I need to download the firmware update but I have not been able to confirm that the download is actually happening. I have hooked it up both ways direct to the modem and through the router and left it for hours (24 to be exact) and still nothing - no solid blue light. I am not sure that I have even been downloading from the internet - anyway to confirm?

Support says flashing blue light on logo means its downloading, but it doesn't because even when I pull out the connection the flashing light continues.

When I hooked it up to directly behind the modem I still was not able to access the internet on my computer even though I was told that I should be able to. Means something not going through I assume? Here's where I need help - BTW I have already tried all the factory resets and reboots and what not (both on telo and the modem) - I need the next level of ideas. I read on one post about accessing setup.ooma.com but I don't know how to do that or what to look for in my particular case. I need basic what to do next 101.

Thanks so much for any help.
#25573 by WayneDsr
Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:09 pm
Easiest solution:
Hook your network back up the way you had it, minus the Telo.
Everything work?
Hook the Telo to your router as you would a pc. Go from the TO INTERNET port on the Telo to the router.
Power up the Telo.
The Telo should be assigned an ip from your router and connect to the internet and download the updates.

Let us know what happens.

Wayne
#25626 by sbalderson
Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:41 pm
Hey thanks very much - that did it. So much easier than waiting all night! One thing FYI and a question - I could not get telo to work with my internet with the config listed in the setup instructions. I just ran a connection from To Internet on Telo to another port in my router, leaving the home network port open on telo. Will I have any performance issues setting it up this way? Not sure what else to do as running it according to the setup did not let my internet work. Thanks so much for the help and any feedback about this. Also, can we record an outgoing voicemail message on telo? Not sure where the instructions for that are if we can. Thanks again. S.
#25638 by dtalwar
Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:23 am
That setup is just fine, many of us have Telo behind the router and it works perfectly. It depends on what upstream and downstream bandwidth you have and QoS. If you do run into any issues, post back here and I am sure someone will be able to help out. To change your voicemail greeting, call your Telo number from one of the phones connected to it. It should take you to the voicemail directly. Follow the voice prompts to change the greeting.