Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#25433 by kaustin36
Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:59 pm
Hi,

I've had the OOMA Hub working for about 3 weeks now. I have DSL and my landline coming in over the same wire. I recently had my landline phone service terminated. Now, I'm attempting to install Scout and when I power it up, the bottom 4 buttons are solid red. On my Hub, I have a cable running from the WALL port back to the PHONE port on the DSL splitter which then goes into the wall jack.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks!

-Keith
#25438 by hpepper
Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:59 pm
Well, the Scout works via HPNA networking which doesn't work well over a pair of wires with DSL. The splitter you mention sounds like a DSL filter. it isn't actually splitting the wires, but separating out the phone on the same pair over a filter. But the DSL will interfere with the HPNA that the Scout uses.

Is there a way you could use the second pair of wirs in your phone line in the house (assuming you have two or more pairs) for the separate pair JUST for the Scout?
#25440 by niknak
Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:11 pm
to test the scout place it next to the hub and connect the WALL ports on each with a short length of cable
you should get a blue light on the scout...if so then you do need to check the house wiring as mentioned in order to locate the scout in another room
#25610 by kaustin36
Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:39 pm
I solved it. My house is wired with 4 wires. I bought (2) 2-line phone adapters. I isolated the DSL on Line 1 and then used Line 2 (on both adapters) for Hub/Scout communication.