Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#24959 by murphy
Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:21 am
The scout does not work with the Telo.
It appears the only way to get two hardwired lines with the Telo is to buy two Telos.
#24966 by murphy
Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:47 am
It would be much simpler to connect line 2 to the line 2 pins that are already available in the Telo phone connector.
#24975 by southsound
Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:48 am
murphy wrote:It would be much simpler to connect line 2 to the line 2 pins that are already available in the Telo phone connector.

We should ask scottlindner if he noticed that there was wiring to those pins when he had the "opportunity" to look inside. :P
#25022 by MarkSly
Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:24 pm
Shoot, should I just send the Telo back and buy the hub & scout while I have the chance? I thought that the Telo would be a step forward -- I'm interested in what bluetooth and cell phone integration products are coming down the line.
#25025 by southsound
Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:37 pm
MarkSly wrote:I'm interested in what bluetooth and cell phone integration products are coming down the line.

With that being one of your concerns, I'd say to keep the Telo. It has a much more capable processor, a really versatile VOIP engine (FreeSwitch) and will be were the latest and greatest features will come. The core hub/scout package does well at what it was designed to do - but innovation is going to be limited when they have the new platform with more capabilities. That said, I love my hub and really like my Telo. You really can't go too wrong with either one.