Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#24506 by mrflea
Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:54 pm
I just ported an out of state number (423 area code) to my ooma. The ooma is located in area code 858. I see on the web site that my account now shows two numbers. The original 858 number, which I thought was temporary and the new 423 number. Will the 858 number be removed?

Now when I call an 858 number from the ooma it is long distance (10 digits). Assuming that the 858 number will remain on my account is there a way to wire the scout to have calls from the hub be a long distance call (10 digits) and call from the scout to be a local call (7 digits). I am not using a landline. Under phone preferences setup I have the hub device set as shared with the 423 number and the scout set up with the 858 number, not shared.
#24511 by murphy
Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:07 pm
If you paid for Premier or are paying for a second number the 858 number will stay. Otherwise it will disappear when your Premier trial expires.
#24548 by mrflea
Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:41 pm
Thanks for answering the question about the second number. I did not opt for the premier trial. Any comments on the other operating question?
#24570 by Groundhound
Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:22 pm
mrflea wrote:Thanks for answering the question about the second number. I did not opt for the premier trial. Any comments on the other operating question?
I think the Premier trial is automatic. So you are on it now and the extra number should disappear when the trial is over.