Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#24345 by dickd8@gmail.com
Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:32 pm
I got an error when I checked out of number porting and I can't tell is the charge went through. How can I tell if my number is set to be ported?
#24349 by jazzyone
Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:42 pm
You'll get a email confirmation with a tentative date for the porting to be completed. I got the email 5 days after.
#24637 by tperrot
Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:19 pm
I also got an error tryingto port my home phone number. It gave me an error twice when I tried to pay via credit card.

Have others been having this problem?
#24672 by wds1
Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:45 am
I had a similar problem last night and ended up spending an hour on the phone with Ooma support (guy named "lucky"). Unfortunately, my cell phone ran out of juice and we got disconnected. Here are the particulars.

- I have a billing address for my credit card that is different than my service address for Ooma,
- My phone account is with Time-Warner and has a different name (middle/last name instead of first/middle/last). On the Letter of Agreement page I noted the correct names at the bottom for Ooma account and Phone account.
- I checked the number I am trying to port on the Ooma site and got a confirmation that it could be moved,
- When I got to the final confirmation screen of the number porting process it told me that there was a problem and that I should contact Ooma Support and/or the Ooma Board.
- I repeated this process several times using IE 8 and Safari.
- Tried again this morning with Safari - still no luck

Have any of you figured this out?
#24703 by marhil
Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:53 am
I had the same problem when I went to pay for my port. The problem was with the last telephone number box on the
charge page. I kept typing in my phone number and kept getting the error message.The telephone number that goes
in the box is phone number of your credit card. Spent an hour on the phone with ooma support to figure that out.
After I got off the phone with support I went back into the porting page, typed in the phone number on the back of my credit card and it went through. I few minutes later I received an email from ooma with an LOA attachment to fill out. Ooma should be more specific about which phone numbers go where.
#24736 by wds1
Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:40 am
Thanks for the tip. As it turns out the agent I spoke with last night had enough information to force my request through. I got my release form this afternoon.