Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#24580 by Joyce Bennett
Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:46 pm
Dennis P wrote:So if you plug your phone directly into the landline, you can draw regular dialtone fine and make an outgoing call, right? I don't see any logs for your device, which would be really helpful to troubleshoot a problem like this. Do you have your Hub setup behind a router or firewall of some kind? Can you open up UDP port 514 if it is being blocked? This will let us see the logs to help troubleshoot.

Question #1: YES. Question #2 & 3: ?? OK ... you're speaking a foreign language here. Have no idea what "behind a router or firewall" means, let alone UDP port 54.

I tried to call my cell phone (local) and also the "power outage" phone number as a test (1-800-667-3000). Here is what I did: Ooma dial tone (not regular dial tone) - dialed - absolute silence for about 22 seconds - busy signal.

Should I call my trusty "Geek" back again?
#24630 by Groundhound
Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:03 pm
Joyce Bennett wrote:
Dennis P wrote:Should I call my trusty "Geek" back again?

Actually not a bad idea since you paid him to set it up for you, and it's not working to your satisfaction.
#24631 by Aveamantium
Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:05 pm
Groundhound wrote:
Joyce Bennett wrote:
Dennis P wrote:Should I call my trusty "Geek" back again?

Actually not a bad idea since you paid him to set it up for you, and it's not working to your satisfaction.

So who would that be...? Bobby? That's not very nice! :o
#24633 by niknak
Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:10 pm
...So who would that be...? Bobby?..

I think OP used the local "geek squad" to setup ooma.
since OP doesn't really know about networking / opening ports / etc. as Dennis P. suggested
she may be better off calling the geeks back since , as mentioned, it was not setup correctly by them the first time
#24654 by Dennis P
Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Joyce Bennett wrote:
Question #1: YES. Question #2 & 3: ?? OK ... you're speaking a foreign language here. Have no idea what "behind a router or firewall" means, let alone UDP port 54.

I tried to call my cell phone (local) and also the "power outage" phone number as a test (1-800-667-3000). Here is what I did: Ooma dial tone (not regular dial tone) - dialed - absolute silence for about 22 seconds - busy signal.

Should I call my trusty "Geek" back again?

I'm going to have a tech reach out to you and do some real-time troubleshooting. You should get a call tomorrow.
#24687 by Aveamantium
Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:29 am
Groundhound wrote:Yea, I guess I bungled the quoting tags...sorry Dennis!

I thought is was amusing... It's ok though, we all have some geek in us and I personally am proud of it! :D
#24882 by noltian
Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:19 pm
I have the exact same problem and OOMA couldn't solve the issue over the phone.
My ooma is not behind the router but directly connected from cable modem.

Also I have been using it for two months without this issue. Sudeently this issue occured.
Ever since you guys updated your web, I have had problem accessing my account online and now I have this problem.

I called three time to speak to right person.

By the way, call quality to customer service is pretty bad with shuttering, echoing.