Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#23670 by wagnermendel
Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:32 am
I am hooking up my ooma hub to a landline with DSL (from the same jack) - I used configuration "C" in the instructions, splitting at the jack, one goes to the modem, one to the ooma hub. I have no trouble getting Internet access. But when I plug the line from the jack into the ooma hub, the phone gets that beeping signal as if there is a phone off the hook, and in fact, if you call in, you get a busy signal. I have unplugged all phones except the one plugged into the ooma hub. As an aside, when the phone is plugged directly into the wall jack, with no ooma hub, it gets the landline, no busy signal.

What am I doing wrong?
#23672 by WayneDsr
Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:37 am
When you registered the ooma hub, did you register it WITH a landline or WITHOUT?
If you have an ooma phone number it's probably without. If you are using your landline phone number then its probably WITH a landline.

Wayne
#23680 by WayneDsr
Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:48 am
Ok, the ooma hub light is blue and ooma is connected. You have a phone connected to the PHONE jack and your landline wall jack connected to the WALL port on the ooma hub? Correct?

Wayne
#23681 by wagnermendel
Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:53 am
I have the landline connected to "WALL" and the phone to "PHONE". The ooma tab is blinking red, the 1 & 2 buttons are red, and the play and fast-forward are red as well. I have unplugged and rebooted the modem, router, hub, computer; all together, individually, still red.
#23687 by wagnermendel
Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:07 am
I have the modem plugged into the "MODEM" jack on the hub, and the wireless router plugged into the "HOME" jack on the hub. The computer is plugged directly into the wireless router. When I access setup with this configuration, it says the internet is connected, the network disconnected (no phone line detected). Should I plug the computer directly into hub?