Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#23465 by phrekyos
Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:23 pm
I bought an Ooma Telo today - activated and installed it. I was able to start one call, but in the middle of the call, I was disconnected. Now only the 1 and 2 lights are on (steady) and nothing works. No dial tone, can't connect to the internet if my PC is connected through the Telo - nothing. Modem/router shows the Telo isn't even connected, although the Telo's amber and green lights are steady and blinking, respectively.

I called tech support and they were absolutely useless - they knew nothing about the Telo, much less how to fix it, or if this is even fixable. They kept insisting that the Ooma logo must be on (it's not!) or the 1/2 lights are blinking (they aren't!). I was told at one point they'd call back in 20-30 minutes; I waited a few hours... no call. Called again, and was told I'd have to be contacted by an advanced tech support person, and that might happen within 48 hours.

At this point, I think I'm better off boxing it up and returning it while I still have a chance. I think it's a bad sign when the technical support staff don't even know anything about a new product. They shouldn't be hearing it from me, a customer, after it's released.
#23468 by murphy
Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:32 pm
The Telo needs to do a 20 to 30 minute firmware update when it is first connected to the internet. It shouldn't have started the update while a call is in progress. The 1 and 2 lights on blue is the first step of a reboot.
#23469 by phrekyos
Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:36 pm
I thought it was done upgrading the firmware - although it's hard to tell, because none of the combination of lights matched what I was told during the activation. I let it sit for a while, and I thought it was done - so I made a call. Now it's stuck. :x
#23472 by niknak
Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:45 pm
do a system reset
#23474 by phrekyos
Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:55 pm
None of the tech support people suggested that, but I did do it myself. It didn't work. None of the buttons respond as far as I can tell. They are touch buttons, but they don't beep or blink or anything.
#23477 by Groundhound
Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:09 pm
phrekyos wrote:None of the tech support people suggested that, but I did do it myself. It didn't work. None of the buttons respond as far as I can tell. They are touch buttons, but they don't beep or blink or anything.

Are any of the buttons lit? If so what color? If not, press the light icon in the middle of the top row to turn them on.
#23480 by phrekyos
Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:16 pm
Like I said, only the 1 and 2 buttons are lit. They're blue and steady. Not red, not blinking. Steady blue.

Those are the only lights on the face that will come on, no matter what I do. They come on and stay on as soon as it has power, regardless of whatever else is connected to it.

Oh, and I can't access the 'setup.ooma.com' thing either.
#23481 by bryanlyle
Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:19 pm
In order to access setup.ooma.com, you should plug a computer directly into the Home Network port on the back on the Telo.

How do you have the Telo set up? Is it Modem -> Router -> Telo or Modem -> Telo -> Router ?
#23485 by phrekyos
Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:25 pm
I had my computer connected to it at one point, but after the Telo bricked (or whatever happened), I could no longer access the internet through it, so I had to connect my computer directly to the modem/router.

Of course, I tried getting to setup.ooma.com with the computer connected to the 'home network' port, but it just says "Page Not Found". Windows 7 will sit and say it's trying to connect to the network and can never connect.
#23486 by Dennis P
Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:27 pm
PM me your MAC address and I'll take a look.