Considering getting Omma Telo

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
theplunger

Considering getting Omma Telo

Post by theplunger » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:04 am

I thought I read somewhere of a person having trouble with there AT&T 2-Wire Gateway 2701HG-B router/modem with setting up Ooma. Is that true?

Groundhound

Re: Considering getting Omma Telo

Post by Groundhound » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:18 am

I think you are referring to a thread where the OP wanted to control QoS in his 2wire modem/router and could not access that function in the router. If you have a stable connection and don't have heavy traffic, QoS modification may not be necessary. The Telo has QoS settings, but that only prioritizes traffic downstream from it, so if you have it connected to a combo modem/wireless router, the wireless traffic would not be controlled by Telo's QoS.

btle310

Post by btle310 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:57 pm

I have the 2wire gateway with my uverse install. I have been using ooma for a few weeks with no problems.

theplunger

Post by theplunger » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:12 pm

I'm glad to hear It will work with my setup. :D

Leeway

Post by Leeway » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:12 pm

I will second the motion that you will not have a problem with U-Verse. I have U-Verse with TV's and two Voip phones and printer along with a couple of PC's. Some things are wireless and others are wired. I have a Netgear switch to add ports but everything works just fine.

The only thing you will get when you plug your Ooma into the Gateway (or switch) is a message telling you that there is a router behind router situation. A simple click on the word OK, will take care of it. Oh, and probably a reboot of the router and possibly your Ooma. That fixes a ton of things very simply.

Go for it, you will love it

theplunger

Post by theplunger » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:15 am

My area does not have u-verse. I have this style gateway modem.
hxxp://store.att.com/catalog/productdetails.asp?ProductId=1000-401047-000#

One of the reasons I'm also holding off getting a telo is I'm waiting for a handset and base combo package. I'm assuming it will be cheaper.