Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#22954 by Krepta
Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:49 am
I realize the Ooma Telo has only just been announced, releasing soon, and the Handset is releasing in November, but I've been looking through the support documents and PDFs for the new Telo setup and installation instructions. But I have a question for which I cannot seem to find the answer.

Suppose I have an Ooma Telo with four Telo Handsets. I pay for Premier and have two phone numbers attached to the account. I want to have one phone number ring only the Telo basestation (and be picked up by a analog phone plugged into the Telo basestation), and the second phone number to ring all of the Telo Handsets (but not the basestation). Will this be possible to setup through the My Ooma interface?

I'm not even sure if this can be done right now with the Ooma Hub and four Scouts. Anyone have any thoughts?
#22958 by ggilman
Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:53 am
You can do this with the current hub/scout setup. I would assume you can with the Telo but without any handsets out yet, nobody outside of ooma could answer this. I would be surprised if it's not the same though.

BTW, the telo is out out already, not "releasing soon". They have been spotted at Best Buy already. They officially came out today. no handsets though.
#22977 by lohertz
Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:27 am
With the current hub and scout you can assign numbers to shared devices. I believe you can have up to 6 scouts (I imagine with an equal number of telephone numbers)

I'd say it would be a safe bet to assume the handsets will maintain the functionality.