Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#21876 by blubayou
Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:31 pm
I have a structured wiring system in my home. I've got Ooma installed and can make outbound phone calls. Until my number ported this week, I could receive inbound phone calls. Now that my number has ported, my calls are going directly into voicemail.

I think this is due to my structured wiring. Can anyone help me figure out what to do to fix this issue?

I think this has affected my alarm as well. I've moved some of the cables around in my "breaker" box for my structured wiring. It looked like I was able to get the alarm to communicate, but then I lost dial tone. I put it back and got the dial tone back.

I've also disconnected the phone company wire in my network box outside and the "telco in" jack in the structured wiring box.

Thanks in advance for your help.
#21892 by Groundhound
Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:30 pm
blubayou wrote:Until my number ported this week, I could receive inbound phone calls. Now that my number has ported, my calls are going directly into voicemail.
Well, starting with the simplest fixes first, is the envelope light on your hub lit? If so, you have do-not-disturb enabled and you should hold down the envelope button for 3 sec. to turn it off. If your envelope light is not on, are you sure your dimmer wheel (right side of hub) is not turned all the way down?