Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#21841 by mezzy316
Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:22 pm
My port was scheduled for today and it is not yet complete. Right now it is 7:25pm where I am.

If you call my landline, the number I am trying to port, you get a fast busy. However, I still have dial tone with that number. I can make outbound calls with it but not receive incoming calls. My temporary Ooma number is still working with no changes.

Are they still working on it at this time of day? Should I be calling customer service or should I just sit and wait.

Thanks.
#21871 by doug
Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:10 pm
mezzy316 wrote:My port was scheduled for today and it is not yet complete. Right now it is 7:25pm where I am. ...

Are they still working on it at this time of day? Should I be calling customer service or should I just sit and wait.

I would suggest calling. But for comparison purposes, my port was just done earlier this week, and it didn't happen until roughly 7pm local time.

When nothing seemed to have happened by 4:30pm local time, I called customer service. They checked and assured me the LEC said is was scheduled for that day, and to give it a couple more hours. I am not sure about incoming calls, but every 15 mins or so I check for dialtone. Eventually there was no dialtone. So then I started dialing my number being ported and at first had a message it was not in service. But within probably 15 minutes it worked !

I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of downtime, and the fact it was after normal office hours local time.

YMMV.
Doug
#21914 by mezzy316
Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:34 am
Well, it's 6:30am on Saturday now and my port still isn't complete. My landline dial tone is now off. My Ooma is working, but still under the temporary number. The port number is not working anywhere. If you call it you just get a fast busy. This is not making me happy, and I can't call CS because they are not open yet.
#21948 by mezzy316
Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:29 am
Just talked to Ooma and they said that my port is "still in process." That does not make me happy since it was scheduled for yesterday and no one can reach me. No estimate either. I guess I just sit and wait.
#22210 by daet
Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:08 pm
clharrison2 wrote:Anyone that has had their number ported: Could you tell me who you were porting from and the lenght of time from your request to completion?
Thanks

Ported from Vonage. Six business days.
#22237 by Brett
Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:59 am
clharrison2 wrote:Anyone that has had their number ported: Could you tell me who you were porting from and the lenght of time from your request to completion?
Thanks

Ported from Vonage. Took exactly 2 weeks total.