Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#21641 by tlaxton
Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:37 pm
I am unable to access my Hub settings through my browser. I have tried turning off my firewall, reset all my settings to default and I have even tried a fresh copy of Firefox but I am unable to get into the Hub. My current browser is Internet Explorer 8. Any ideas on why I can' t get into the Hub?
#21642 by Neubiee
Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:41 pm
Is your computer connected through the HUB or the Router?

Your computer needs to be connected to the "HOME" port of the hub to access the Hub Setup Page.
#21647 by Groundhound
Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:56 pm
tlaxton wrote:I am unable to access my Hub settings through my browser. I have tried turning off my firewall, reset all my settings to default and I have even tried a fresh copy of Firefox but I am unable to get into the Hub. My current browser is Internet Explorer 8. Any ideas on why I can' t get into the Hub?
Assuming you have your hub behind your router, you can access setup from any computer on your network by doing this:
Temporarily connect your computer to the hub's home port and go to setup, and then to Advanced Settings. Copy the home port IP address (probably 172.27.35.1) to the hub's DMZ and save. Reconnect your computer as you normally would to your router. You can now access setup by entering the IP your router assigns to it in your browser, probably something like 192.168.xxx.xxx. So that you can always use the same IP to access setup, have your router assign a static IP to the hub.

Should you later decide to place your hub in front of the router, be sure to remove the home port IP from the hub's DMZ to prevent access to your hub's setup from the Internet.
#21979 by tlaxton
Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:26 am
My Hub is connected to my router via the "modem" port and my computer is connected to the Hub via the "home" port. When I try and get into my Hub using my browser and putting in ooma.setup.com the navigation tool bar for the Hub appears on the left but on the right it says that "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" and has a "diagnose problem" button. When I click this button it cannot diagnose the problem.
#21980 by niknak
Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:29 am
tlaxton wrote:My Hub is connected to my router via the "modem" port and my computer is connected to the Hub via the "home" port. When I try and get into my Hub using my browser and putting in ooma.setup.com the navigation tool bar for the Hub appears on the left but on the right it says that "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" and has a "diagnose problem" button. When I click this button it cannot diagnose the problem.

there are issues with some web browsers - try refreshing the page and / or deleting the cache.

also some antivirus programs (ie: Kaspersky) cause this problem - try disabling AV and then logging in