Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#21430 by ooma09
Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:19 pm
I have the Hub (Modem port connected) behind the Router and a cordless phone via Hub's Phone port. Everything works great.

Now, will these work too?

2 phones are connected to Hub's Phone port via provided splitter
or Hub's Wall port connected directly to Scout's Wall port?
#21432 by Groundhound
Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:26 pm
ooma09 wrote:I have the Hub (Modem port connected) behind the Router and a cordless phone via Hub's Phone port. Everything works great.

Now, will these work too?

2 phones are connected to Hub's Phone port via provided splitter
or Hub's Wall port connected directly to Scout's Wall port?
Multiple phones can be connected to an Ooma device's phone port via splitters or home wiring.
#21434 by WayneDsr
Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:31 pm
You can also connect the hub and scout via wall ports on both.
I use them this way, keeps both line one and line 2 handy.

Wayne
#21456 by ooma09
Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:37 am
Thanks, another question...how do I open the ooma setup page (http://setup.ooma.com) when the Hub is behind the Router? when I check the Router's IP Table, it shows the IP for the Hub (the last digit of the MAC is different though) and I can't still open the setup page.
#21458 by Groundhound
Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:09 am
Temporarily connect your computer to the hub's home port and go to setup, and then to Advanced Settings. Copy the home port IP address (probably 172.27.35.1) to the hub's DMZ and save. Reconnect your computer as you normally would to your router. You can now access setup by entering the IP your router assigns to it in your browser, probably something like 192.168.xxx.xxx. So that you can always use the same IP to access setup, have your router assign a static IP to the hub.
#21460 by ooma09
Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:22 am
I've 1 cordless & 1 corded phones connected to Hub's Phone port via provided splitter.

Line 1 lights up for cordless or/and corded phone and Line 2 for the cordless or/and corded too.

Is this feature only available with Premier?