Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#20994 by royallen47
Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:07 am
I have a Fiber Optic Modem on the outside of my home. From that Modem I have CAT 5 line that runs into an OnQ 1X8 Enhanced Telecom. From the OnQ I have a line that runs to the Phone port on AT&T D-Link, another line that is split and runs from the OnQ to the WAN on the D-Link and to an OnQ port. Finally the Ethernet cable runs from the LAN on the D-Link to the Ethernet net Port on my router.

I currently have the OOMA box connected to my Phone Jack in my office that is connected to the D-Link and waiting for my number to be ported. I have dial tone. When the number is Ported and the AT&T D-Link is removed where/how do I connect the OOMA to this network?

Any help is greatly appreciated
#21148 by Leeway
Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:35 pm
I read this several times....

My best shot would be when you pull the D-Link, plug your Ooma in right where the D-Link worked.

You don't have to wait for the port, try it now.
#22484 by akindle
Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:24 am
Curious if what you say works.It looks like you are saying the phone number doesnt half to be ported from at&t to ooma. I have callvantage. The phone line is pluged into omma hub from callvantage ta box. I have a blue light. I can call out. I cant place calls. I have a dial tone. After a few rings i get a recording. I have ooma plugged directly into the router.
#22502 by niknak
Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:12 pm
...it looks like you are saying the phone number doesnt half to be ported from at&t to ooma...

no many people here keep their landline separate from ooma. they just use a new number assigned to the hub.
the only reason to port the number to ooma is if you want to get rid of your landline totally, but keep your landline number