Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#20866 by cjtiming
Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:11 am
Hi there,

After extended set up trauma, including ooma porting the WRONG number thereby voiding my 30 day free trial - but that is another story, we are up and running without a landline.

However, the scout does not seem to be working properly. If I call the number for the scout, say, from my cell phone, I get a message saying "the person you have dialed can't be reached right now" and goes to voice mail. The number assigned to the hub rings the hub and the scout.

I have assigned only the primary number to the hub and the secondary to the scout.

The scout is also mirroring the actions of the hub (showing messages for the hub, I can put the hub directly to DNR from the scout, etc.)

I really am not excited about calling tech support because of their continual fumbling, so if anyone here can help me out, that would be great!

Thanks!

BTW, the number assigned to the scout has a premier account associated with it, but the second number does not. Both were originally our landlines and have been ported - I assume....
#20867 by murphy
Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:46 am
Unfortunately you will have to call. Some scouts were shipped with the wrong serial number on the label and they will have to look up what serial number scout is actually connected to your hub.

Premier includes a second phone number. Premier applies to the hub and scout combination.

Do you have the wall jack of the hub connected to the wall jack of the scout, either directly or through house wiring that does NOT have a DSL signal on it?

If the second number was correctly assigned to a scout that was set to private mode, the main hub number would not ring on the scout.

It sounds like the scout that you have has a different serial number than is on it's label and thus it is still in shared mode.
#21552 by Brett
Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:37 pm
cjtiming wrote:Hi there,

After extended set up trauma, including ooma porting the WRONG number thereby voiding my 30 day free trial - but that is another story, we are up and running without a landline.

However, the scout does not seem to be working properly. If I call the number for the scout, say, from my cell phone, I get a message saying "the person you have dialed can't be reached right now" and goes to voice mail. The number assigned to the hub rings the hub and the scout.

I have assigned only the primary number to the hub and the secondary to the scout.

The scout is also mirroring the actions of the hub (showing messages for the hub, I can put the hub directly to DNR from the scout, etc.)

I really am not excited about calling tech support because of their continual fumbling, so if anyone here can help me out, that would be great!

Thanks!

BTW, the number assigned to the scout has a premier account associated with it, but the second number does not. Both were originally our landlines and have been ported - I assume....

Did you ever get this fixed? I am having similar issues.