Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#20652 by saigondude
Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:18 pm
Hello Forum,

Thank you for everyone that has contributed to this forum and I was not able to find the answer to my question. I am so happy to have discovered OOMA and looking to cut off AT&T completely, once my have the setup completed.

Currently, I am paying for 4 lines with ATT and my monthly rate is around $300 including DSL. Once my OOMA setup is complete, I think I will save major mula, but I cant get it to work. I currently have two OOMA phone numbers going to my core. I would like to have a total of four numbers so that I can have four different people on the phone at the same time. I have two scouts that I have not hook up yet.

The problem I am having is that when I plug my phone line from the OOMA Core into the 4 line phone system of Panasonic (there are only two inputs in the back, and each input is for two line.) When I plug the line from the CORE into Panasonic, both OOMA number rings, but it only appears on line 3 of Panasonic, and if I try using line 4, dead silence.

Is there a way for me to make this work? I am trying to avoid buying another phone system to do what I want. Thank you for your help.
PLease call me at 408.457-9983 or email me at bruce@adlinknetworks.com
#20655 by southsound
Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:48 pm
I had a chance to chat with Bruce (saigondude) a little about what he was trying to accomplish. I think we have it all figured out. He's going to purchase a second hub and scout and set each up for 2 lines with Premier. For connection to the Panasonic multiline system, he's going to need 2 2-line splitters. I've gone over how to set up the hubs in their own DMZ and access their setup screens using the router-supplied IP address, but he may need some help setting QoS on his router.

And most of all, I welcomed him to ooma and to the forum! I think I'll take a rest and dream of walnut brownies with vanilla bean ice cream. :cool:
#20664 by tommies
Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:33 pm
What is the router brand & model?

I'd like to recommend on some thing, since I'm not sure if it has been done:

a. changing the MODEM port's MAC address to use its own build in MAC addresses--Network page. This have resolved some of the major headache for some people.

b. put both the hubs behind the router, and changing the subnet of the second hub--ie changing all the 35 to 36 in the third box in the Advenced page.