Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#20618 by dabear
Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:53 am
I have a scout with a second number assigned. My primary line is connected to the hub. Before I had my number ported, I was able to call from hub to port and vice versa. After number porting, calling either way goes to immediate voice mail, and neither dialed phone will ring. Incoming calls to either number work normally. I used to use my phone as an intercom, since my office is located well away from the rest of the house, and find it no longer works that way. Does anyone know of a workaround? Does this mean if I am using the primary line, no one can call the "home" line? Thanks in advance for any help!
#20638 by WayneDsr
Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:30 pm
Make sure you have 10 digit dialing enabled in the lounge. Then try dialing your Scout number and adding a # sign after the number.

Wayne
#20645 by dabear
Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:39 pm
Well THAT was pretty amazing, it works! I had called support and did not receive a satisfactory answer, so figured I would try the forum. I'm not new to telephone systems or VOIP, so figured SOMEone out there might have an answer. Thanks SO much for the simple solution. I love the clarity and features of OOMA, I just wish tech support was a bit more savvy! Now I will press my luck...... Is it possible to get BOTH lines to ring at the hub, when one line is already assigned to a scout? Then I can eliminate my somewhat outdated 2 line wireless phone system, that won't play well with my WiFi network, and use a DECT 6.0 single line cordless in my office. I already have a hardwired 2 line phone, (scout is wired to home wiring for home phone, splitter used to connect the 2 line phone to scout for line 2, line one connects directly to 2 line phone). I would be nice to have a single wireless to answer either line as I move around my office/workshop.
#20648 by WayneDsr
Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:48 pm
Glad to help, you're lucky because that little work around doesn't always work for some.

The only fix for you that I can see is buying a 2 line cordless Dect 6 phone multi handset system.
Connect the hub PHONE port to line 1 of the phone and connect the Phone port on the scout to line 2 of the cordless phone.

By the way, welcome to the ooma forums! There's a lot of great people here to answer your questions, hope you stay around and join in.

Wayne
#20649 by WayneDsr
Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:54 pm
Now that I think about it, is there a reason you have a number assigned to the scout? (I'm sure there is..)

You can have 2 numbers shared by the hub and scout and both will ring in on either hub or scout and answered by either the phone on the hub or the phone on the scout, or just one phone in the case of a 2 line cordless.

Wayne
#20654 by dabear
Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:25 pm
Thanks again for the quick response! Yes, there's a very good reason.... wifey don't want to hear my "darn noisy phone ringing all the time" :)
I, on the other hand don't mind getting both lines in my office. I know I could use a 2 line cordless, but I already have a single line DECT, I was just hoping I could use it that way. Otherwise, I'll use it on only my office line, and anyone calling my home line will just have to wait 'til I'm near the hardwired phone.