Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#20446 by Lisa
Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:29 am
I've even backed out all the Ooma connections and hooked phone directly up to DSL splitter (for internet and phone).

My original number does not ring...???

What did I do?
#20453 by Lisa
Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:01 am
hpepper wrote:When you are testing with no Ooma devices connected, just DSL and analog phone, can you make outgoing calls?

No. I went back to the original configuration which is:

DSL coming into the house, splitter plugged into that that splits the phone line and DSL.

The Ooma connects to the phone jack portion, and I am able to get the Ooma signal and dial out, and when tested with people calling in, they can only connect with the Ooma number. The original Home number rings (and I can't hear it).

If I take the phone line and hook directly back into my phone jack (split from DSL), I get nothing.
#20473 by WayneDsr
Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:29 pm
There's no reason your landline won't work unless something got connected wrong.
Are you using a tested good wire between the phone and the wall jack?
Have you tried another?

Just to be sure you know this:
If you originally configured ooma to work without your landline (totally separate, and have an ooma number) your landline will not ring over the ooma hub. You have to have a separate phone plugged into a wall jack.

Wayne
#20480 by Lisa
Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:07 pm
WayneDsr wrote:There's no reason your landline won't work unless something got connected wrong.
Are you using a tested good wire between the phone and the wall jack?
Have you tried another?

Just to be sure you know this:
If you originally configured ooma to work without your landline (totally separate, and have an ooma number) your landline will not ring over the ooma hub. You have to have a separate phone plugged into a wall jack.

Wayne

When/where would I have configured this? Online? My son did that part so I don't know where this option came up.
#20482 by WayneDsr
Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:21 pm
Yes, online. If you have an ooma number then you did not configure ooma to operate WITH your landline.

Your phone has to be connected to a wall jack for your land line to ring in.

I'm not really clear how you have things set up, just recommending a few things to look at in the meantime.

Wayne
#20486 by Lisa
Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:39 pm
Are you with Ooma?

I just got off customer support, and asked him if I had set it up wrong if I still wanted my landline to work, and he said yes, and switched the primary number back to my homeline.

I now have NOTHING. And I cannot call them back because I have NO dial tone to speak of. Nada. Not with the Ooma configuration, nor with plugging my phone into the wall jack.

Nothing.
#20488 by southsound
Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:42 pm
Try plugging your phone into the phone connection on the hub, then run a cable from the wall jack on the hub to an active phone jack. When configured this way, you must have your landline connected to the hub.

You also may have to do a hard reset of your hub. Disconnect the power for 30 seconds. Then, while holding down the little plastic tab/switch on the back left side, reconnect the power. Continue to hold the tab down for about 30 seconds.
#20492 by WayneDsr
Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:14 pm
No, I"m not with ooma, just a user like you.
Like Southsound said, if you now have ooma setup to work WITH your landline you have to have the WALL port of ooma connected to your landline via wall plug.
IF for some reason your land line is not working then ooma will not work.

Wayne