Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#20061 by dainanwok
Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:29 pm
I chose the option port my existing phone# to Ooma while activating it. But then, I didn't realize I'll be moving in 2 weeks, so I won't have enough time since the porting process will take a few weeks.

I now just want to pick a new number instead. Is there anyway to 'reset' it?
#20063 by niknak
Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:31 am
...I now just want to pick a new number instead. Is there anyway to 'reset' it?...

You can do this, but you must call ooma customer service and they will provision your hub to work with a new number...there is no way to do this without calling
#20154 by mc674
Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:01 am
I have a similar question. I asked to port my number (since it is going dead with AT&T Callvantage very soon) and then couldn't get the unit to work yet. Is it possible for me to choose a new number, get my unit working, and still preserve my number transfer?
#20158 by murphy
Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:23 am
mc674 wrote:I have a similar question. I asked to port my number (since it is going dead with AT&T Callvantage very soon) and then couldn't get the unit to work yet. Is it possible for me to choose a new number, get my unit working, and still preserve my number transfer?

Yes, that's exactly what I did.
I selected to use ooma without a land line. I selected a temporary number in my area code. When the port was complete, the ported number replaced the temporary number.
#20181 by dainanwok
Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:40 am
I got my new number after calling Omma and now the hub is up and running. I can make and receive phone calls, but Internet doesn't work when I connect Ooma to my wireless router. Anyone has any idea?

PS: I have no problem when my laptop connects directlyto the hub.

Update:
Problem solved. Simply turned off all the devices and power them in this order: Modem>Hub>Router. Now, I'm going to disconnect my landline.
#20204 by murphy
Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:39 am
If you are going to port your land line number, do not cancel land line service. If you do cancel, you will lose the number. When the port is complete, the land line account will be automatically canceled.