Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#1006 by cocogroverick
Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:13 pm
1 and 2 light up, as well as the equal buttons on the bottom. Have a network light and access. Suspect it has to do with the Extreme, but of course getting anyone from support to do anything (other than hanging up the phone) has been tough today. The packaging is like Apple, but the service is far from it (at least today- we'll see tomorrow... or it's a return).
#1008 by trim81
Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:04 pm
cocogroverick wrote:1 and 2 light up, as well as the equal buttons on the bottom. Have a network light and access. Suspect it has to do with the Extreme, but of course getting anyone from support to do anything (other than hanging up the phone) has been tough today. The packaging is like Apple, but the service is far from it (at least today- we'll see tomorrow... or it's a return).


You are a bit fast to judge....

Although I DO agree that service call sucks (wait times), I strongly believe once you get the unit going, you are golden...and service calls are no longer needed.

Lets get the basic run down here. (Please bear with me, I'm a Windows guy, not a Mac)

1) Your airport extreme, is it a router? How many ports?
2) Do you have DSL or Cable connection? PPoe or DHCP?


Thoughts:
1) If your Airport Extreme has extra ports on the router-- Simply plug the Ooma behind the router, that should do the trick.

2) IF all fails, try plugging the ooma straight to your dsl modem or cable modem
#1022 by skellener
Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:22 pm
I use an Apple Time Capsule and have had Ooma trouble free since I got it in September. Ooma is fantastic. The Ooma is on the outside of the router. Since it offers a pass through and doesn't run Windows, I just didn't see any reason to have it behind the router. Have you tried that? Place it between your modem and your Airport Extreme.
#1079 by Donzi
Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:32 am
skellener wrote:I use an Apple Time Capsule and have had Ooma trouble free since I got it in September. Ooma is fantastic. The Ooma is on the outside of the router. Since it offers a pass through and doesn't run Windows, I just didn't see any reason to have it behind the router. Have you tried that? Place it between your modem and your Airport Extreme.



I also have a Apple Time Capsule connected the same way as yours, however I can't get the light on the front of the Time Capsule to turn solid green. It just stays blinking yellow. Any thoughts on what might be causing it? Everything works fine.
#1081 by skellener
Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:00 am
Donzi wrote: also have a Apple Time Capsule connected the same way as yours, however I can't get the light on the front of the Time Capsule to turn solid green. It just stays blinking yellow. Any thoughts on what might be causing it? Everything works fine.


Yes, I think there is a point in the set up of the Time Capsule where it asks if you want to set the light to turn green otherwise it will continue to flash yellow. I know there is a dialog that comes up and alerts you. I've seen it. I forget specifically what it said, but it's there. I think that is what you need to look for and it will fix your flashing light. If everything is working, that's all it is, a flashing light.
#1149 by Cheezr
Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:19 pm
Hi,
I just added an ooma to my network which is timecapsule based. the ooma is plugged in btwn the cable modem and the timecapsule.
the yellow light flashes on the timecapsule because it has cleverly detected a device between it and the cable modem.
If you open the airport utility program and select your timecapsule on the left, then click "manual setup" on the bottom, in the status screen you will see your timecapsule name and a yellow button, click on this and it will show you a message that there is a double nat, check the box next to the message (to ignore the problem) and your light will turn green again and all will be well.

CZR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests