Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#17487 by iserum
Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:38 pm
How long it takes for Caller to show. it has been almost two months now and my caller ID is still at Ooma Inc.,
#17490 by murphy
Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:39 pm
10 business days should cover it. Call customer support and request that it be fixed.
#17546 by jmassimilla
Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:25 am
I ended up contacting customer service for both of my accounts and in both cases, it was resolved within 48 hours.
#17622 by southsound
Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:15 am
Times vary greatly. I'm still waiting for my CID to show up correctly in the Qwest database. Then again, it has only been since February and I've put in less than 5 requests/tickets. All have been closed by ooma without the correct CID showing up. Just call me Unavailable.
#17628 by bw1
Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:36 am
southsound wrote:Times vary greatly. I'm still waiting for my CID to show up correctly in the Qwest database. Then again, it has only been since February and I've put in less than 5 requests/tickets. All have been closed by ooma without the correct CID showing up. Just call me Unavailable.

Well, when you port your number from Qwest, you won't have to worry about it. The caller id that they have will continue to work as far as I've seen on my ported number from AT&T.
#17630 by southsound
Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:53 am
bw1 wrote: Well, when you port your number from Qwest, you won't have to worry about it. The caller id that they have will continue to work as far as I've seen on my ported number from AT&T.

I'm in a situation where it I get a much better deal on DSL if I keep my landline. Right now I have to keep the Choice package but first part of the year I'll downgrade to basic dialtone. I will not be porting.

I really don't mind too much about the caller ID issue as it will become moot when the Premier Extensions for GV come out. I already am using my GV number as the sure way to reach us. But I still can't figure out why ooma is not able to get Qwest to update their database to match what I entered in the lounge 7 months ago. I'm pretty sure it is a Qwest problem more than it is ooma's, but that still doesn't make things work right.
#17659 by thbjr
Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:22 pm
Well, when you port your number from Qwest, you won't have to worry about it. The caller id that they have will continue to work as far as I've seen on my ported number from AT&T.

That's how it went when I ported from Qwest. CID was correct as soon as the port completed.
#17734 by bw1
Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:35 pm
southsound wrote:I really don't mind too much about the caller ID issue as it will become moot when the Premier Extensions for GV come out. I already am using my GV number as the sure way to reach us.

What does your GV caller id name say? Mine says City, State.
#17747 by southsound
Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:09 pm
bw1 wrote: What does your GV caller id name say? Mine says City, State.

That's what mine says as well. Like I said, not much of a big deal, but if you feel you need it to say your name I thought I'd give a little perspective. My name does come up in caller ID with other providers. Just not in the Qwest or ATT worlds.