Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#887 by play4pizza
Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:56 pm
I've connected the Hub and can place and recieve calls. I connected the scout and can place and recieve calls, however the bottom row of buttons are RED. Another interesting item is I can place calls from the phone that is attached to the scout whether it is powered up or not.
#888 by trim81
Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:06 pm
play4pizza wrote:I've connected the Hub and can place and recieve calls. I connected the scout and can place and recieve calls, however the bottom row of buttons are RED. Another interesting item is I can place calls from the phone that is attached to the scout whether it is powered up or not.

I believe on the back of the unit, you reversed the Wall POrt with the Phone port... swap em and see if it fixes it
#895 by play4pizza
Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:54 am
Thanks, but no. As I said it is wired correctly and if fact works (at least I can place and recieve calls)
#898 by trim81
Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:50 am
play4pizza wrote:Thanks, but no. As I said it is wired correctly and if fact works (at least I can place and recieve calls)

Just FYI, I once reversed the wiring and the unit still works perfectly...but the red lights were on from the buttons..so if you want to fix your problem try reversing the wires, crazily enough it may just work
#909 by play4pizza
Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:35 pm
I tried switching the wires but the lights don't go off. I get a dial tone regardless of where the wires are plugged.
#912 by trim81
Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:24 pm
Is your setup a home run setup? Meaning did you connect your Ooma hub to the wall outlet?

You can try to plug the ooma scout directly to the Ooma hub, via the home port...see if that solves the red button light problem. (this is just for a test)

If the lights do not light up, and works normally, then you know the problem is with your wiring.
#1014 by yawni
Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:18 am
I had the same problem until I removed the dsl filter from the line.
#113713 by t_ooma
Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:21 pm
The red buttons could be because you do not have premier service, may be.

Ooma is ONLY required for Premier service feature to work so you can play messages or such, other wise if you just want to be able to plug another phone, then Ooma scout is not required

1) Look for the phone box somewhere outside of your house, open it and disconnect the default telephone line lead to your house pre-wired telephone lines for your house.

2) Plug the phone line behind the back of the Ooma hub device to the telephone wall jack in the room where you place your ooma device (if you want to have a physical phone in this room, use the splitter, one go to your phone, the other go to the phone wall jack, the one go to the phone wall jack will then send and receive signal from all the wall jack around your house)

3) Now try to plug in your phone DIRECTLY (without the scout in the middle ok)from any other phone wall jack in your house.
Last edited by t_ooma on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.