Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#16685 by Groundhound
Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:50 pm
As a test to remove all possible complications, try your hub connected directly to your modem. You will have to power cycle the modem and hub to try this. That way if it works then you know the problem is with your router config.
#16687 by jader201
Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:11 pm
Nope, exact same thing.

I'm beginning to think now that my MAC address was mislabeled on my hub. When it showed up in the Linksys DHCP list, it was one digit off. Right now, that's about the only thing that makes sense to me.

Can anybody else verify that the MAC on their hub matches the MAC that shows up on the router list? Is there anyway to change this on my registration to see if this is the problem?
#16689 by dtalwar
Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:17 pm
The address at the back of the Hub is that of the 'Home' port of the Hub. The 'Modem' port's MAC address is off by 1. That is what will get registered in your router. So, what you're seeing is good. That's exactly what I have in my case ... and it is working.
#16691 by dtalwar
Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:24 pm
It will be interesting to see the status page of the Hub (setup.ooma.com) and see what's going on. But, it would require you to connect a PC to the Hub's Home port. In any case, I think this will have to be looked into by an Ooma support technician. Perhaps, the activation didn't go through properly.
#16692 by jader201
Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:28 pm
I have it indirectly connected:

modem > ooma hub > router > switch > PC

Will that not work? I can't hit that URL, so I guess this setup won't let me hit it?
#16693 by dtalwar
Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:32 pm
Even though this is not my setup (so no way for me to test unless I rearrange everything), I think it should've worked for you ... Not sure why it didn't.
#16694 by dtalwar
Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:36 pm
Assuming you're posting to the forum from the PC connected to the switch (to the router to Ooma), it means you're connected ok. You said you have reset the Hub. How? By pressing on the Ooma tab when you power it on?
#16695 by jader201
Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:37 pm
Well, I will say that when I did this last setup, the only thing that I had off when resetting the hub was the modem. The router, switch, and PCs were all powered up. I'm just tired of power cycling everything -- my router is down stairs, my modem (and now, the hub) is upstairs, and my PCs are on the main floor. So lately, I've just been power cycling whatever is between the internet connection and the hub.